Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oscar Season

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Though, half way into the season, Oscar season as many might agree, is the Adult Season, for those interested in seeing the serious and intelligent movies, September - December marks down the days before the Academy Awards. Now if you are a studio, you'll want only the top notch movies to be released during this time, only to be nominated. This year "Oscar Season" took an early course, starting in late August. This was a new approach with starting early, making the Academy Awards to be scheduled a month ahead, now in February rather than March or April.

So far we have pictures like "The Departed", "All The Kings Men", "The Prestige", "Flags of our Fathers", "Catch a fire", "Flyboys", "The Last King of Scotland", "The Illusionist", "The Queen", "Hollywoodland", "The Black Dahlia", "Running with Scissors", "One Night With The King", "Infamous","Babel", among others. Documentaries like "The US vs. John Lennon", "Death of a president", and "Shut up and Sing" are entering the Best Documentary course as well. "Monster House" and "Open Season", as well as other animated features are entering for their section of the infamous award ceremony.

Many others are soon to come, including MANY MANY period pieces. Many have already spurred but more are on their way. "The Good German", "Children of Men", "The Fountain", are just among the few whom will be entering the Oscar circuit later in November and December. Ironically, the Academy Awards will be themed for the special occasion, designing the stage with that old Hollywood glamour, full of white crystal like materal, shining into the audience's eyes.

Can you figure why? It's no mystery that since all of the "old hollywood" type films are being released that the Academy Awards should not be of the same likeness. The set designer definitely had it in for the coming soon pictures. On note, this'll be one of those rare occasions where I actually watch the Academy Awards. Myself being a movie maker, I ought to be inclined to watching this ceremony, but I rarely do. It just doesn't interest me. I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to February 25th. :D

Now for some words from the loungers.....

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
If Scorcese doesn't get an Oscar for best picture, which I don't think he will, he at least deserves the director's award. Just my two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou