Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OT:Mac Photos?

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
YES!

I have found the easiest way to resize a photo for Mac owners is to email the image to someone with a PC and ask them to resize it and email it back to you. :D

(Oh man, I kill myself!!!) lol

K

kpreed

Iphoto

I do this pretty often in my business. In Iphoto, go to file, hit export and pick your size.

Foofoogal

Banned
It took 3 seconds to find it on the Google.
--------------
I saw it but I didn't understand it. Thank you.

-----------
Thank you for the instructions Ken.

K

kpreed

Foofoogal said:
It took 3 seconds to find it on the Google.
--------------
I saw it but I didn't understand it. Thank you.

-----------
Thank you for the instructions Ken.
I am no expert on the Mac, but glad to help you,in any form if I can on Mac. I come from a P.C. and now have a iMac and find it has been very, very interesting learning most things new, on a Mac.:eusa_doh:

Foofoogal

Banned
with the ability to have 12 windows open at same time I could never ever go back. I do love and have figured out how to edit photos but not in iphoto. I use the photo thing but will have to jump into the iphoto. I had read online though it could not be done in iphoto so will have to play around with it. Thank you.

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
I too just got an IMac myself (actually for the kids) and I'm just getting acquainted with it.

How do you copy and paste on this "magic mouse" since there are no separate buttons on it? And how do you open another window while minimizing another?

Forgive me of my ignorance, Foofoo :eusa_doh:

Gilbey

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
I use a program called "Gimp." It is not so easy to use, but it is the closest thing to a free Photoshop there is. Try it out when you have some time.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

If you are new to Macs, I would suggest getting a Logitech mouse with real buttons. The Mighty Mouse and Magic Mouse are horrible. Form over function, that's Apple hardware for you.

Foofoogal

Banned
gilbey, I know how to minimize a window to open another. Use the yellow button at top of page. she the red, yellow and green ones.
When I figure out how to copy and paste I will let you know. lol

K

kpreed

Hooray for Gimp!

DapperDuck said:
I use a program called "Gimp." It is not so easy to use, but it is the closest thing to a free Photoshop there is. Try it out when you have some time.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

If you are new to Macs, I would suggest getting a Logitech mouse with real buttons. The Mighty Mouse and Magic Mouse are horrible. Form over function, that's Apple hardware for you.
I never could do Photoshop, very much $$$. I loaded Gimp (free) on my computer and never regretted it at all. I use it every day in my photo resto. business and love it. It, with a few plug-ins does all I will ever need. I you think you can use it, I say get it, I highly recommend it.:eusa_clap

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Foofoogal said:
gilbey, I know how to minimize a window to open another. Use the yellow button at top of page. she the red, yellow and green ones.
When I figure out how to copy and paste I will let you know. lol

Command (the button that looks like a clover leaf) and C at the same time copies whatever you selected
Command and V pastes it

The Control button also has many uses that correspond to right click on the PC.

If you look under the menus at the top of the screen, in whatever program you are in, you can see the keyboard shortcuts to do anything that you can also select by those menus! It becomes second nature after a while.

I believe there is also one of those "For Dummies" books for people switching from PC to Mac, not that anyone is a dummy, but they are great reference books and easy to use.

miserabelle

One of the Regulars
If you have a Mighty Mouse (the white one with the scroll ball) then you *can* right-click - it looks like there is only one button but there are actually two. If it's not working you need to change your mouse preferences which is pretty easy to do.

I'd explain but I can't remember what everything is called, and I'm using my boyfriend's PC atm... if you find the system preferences, it's pretty straightforward.

x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy