Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Out Of The Past:' most cigarettes smoked in one film

Quigley Brown said:
Nice dialogue, though. One of my favorite lines from it was when one of the bad guys asks a store clerk for some change for his dollar bill: 'Bust this for me, Jackson.' Would a clerk at 7-11 understand if you asked that?

I'm sure they wouldn't understand it lol

I know what you mean, I love that old noir dialogue, snappy and sharp, witty and smooth.

Technonut

Practically Family
Great Flick! ... :) I watch it about everytime it is on TV .... ;)

outotp.jpg

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Quigley Brown said:
I recently bought 'Out Of The Past' (1947) on DVD. It seemed that someone was lighting up every ten seconds. I swear Robert Mitchum must have had a cigarette glued to his lower lip.

Nice dialogue, though. One of my favorite lines from it was when one of the bad guys asks a store clerk for some change for his dollar bill: 'Bust this for me, Jackson.' Would a clerk at 7-11 understand if you asked that?

I truly believe this was noticed by the filmmakers. Remember this scene:

Whit: "Cigarette?"
Jeff: (holding up a cigarette) "Smoking."

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Movies like this inspired the comic smoke-a-thon that Elliot Gould performs in The Long Goodbye. Man, that's a lot of cigarettes. I don't smoke, but I own both those DVDs.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Smoke filled room

The most cigaret smoke I ever saw in a moving image by far was the old kinescope of the 1952 Republican convention. Imagine a basketball arena sized auditorium filled with thousands of people, almost all of them smoking. The speakers were up there speechifying away, while great clouds of smoke swirled around them. Utterly toxic atmosphere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner