Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outstanding early 1930s overcoat !

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
My, you're quite the shill these days.;)

BTW, somebody (You) should write about the prominence of Jewish haberdashers in America. From big cities to small towns, they were everywhere....with the goods.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
But they don't go up as much as I expected. Nobody bid on the brown overcoat and it was dirt cheap. (more expensive with shipping overseas but still)

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
But they don't go up as much as I expected.

Here's why.

In terms of inspiring people to acquire things, Fedora Lounge is a powerhouse for fedoras. It is much less so for vintage men's suits, ties, shirts, coats, shoes, and workwear.

This isn't to say that Fedora Loungers don't like the look -- many of them do. It's just that, sooner or later, they find out that 'the look' is difficult to put together: larger sizes are scarce, certain items are scarce in any size, a lot of time and knowledge are needed, and the prices can be prohibitive. As a result, many Fedora Loungers give up trying, or don't even start to. Better to stick to hats and leather jackets, and maybe a Hawaiian shirt and spectators.

This place is, at its center, the Fedora Lounge. Always has been that way, and probably always will be.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Here's why.

In terms of inspiring people to acquire things, Fedora Lounge is a powerhouse for fedoras. It is much less so for vintage men's suits, ties, shirts, coats, shoes, and workwear.

This isn't to say that Fedora Loungers don't like the look -- many of them do. It's just that, sooner or later, they find out that 'the look' is difficult to put together: larger sizes are scarce, certain items are scarce in any size, a lot of time and knowledge are needed, and the prices can be prohibitive. As a result, many Fedora Loungers give up trying, or don't even start to. Better to stick to hats and leather jackets, and maybe a Hawaiian shirt and spectators.

This place is, at its center, the Fedora Lounge. Always has been that way, and probably always will be.

I won't complain about that as it means there's a lot less competition for the really good vintage stuff. I'm lucky already as I have a preference for early to mid 50s suits which are a lot less scarce and a lot less sought after than their 30s counterparts. Over the two years that I've been wearing this sort of gear I've aquired enough together for a reasonable wardrobe and the few pieces I can't find vintage (mostly shirts) I can always have custom made when I have the do$h.

Thank you for posting these pieces anyway. Whilst it may serve to drive up demand it also shows people like me things we might otherwise not find. Unfortunately that overcoat is too big for me as it's just the sort of overcoat I'm after.

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Clearly you're not a seller :eek: ;)
I have a few things I've tried selling to vintage shops before but won't even bother trying on here as it's mostly 50s and 60s things which there seems little demand for on the Fedora Lounge.

You're right though, I'm principally a buyer so comparatively low interest in suits is something I'll never complain about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran