Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Received this used Lost Worlds Russet Test yesterday. Mixed bag. The leather color ain‘t for me, the sleeves are too long for me and sleeves overall quite tunnely wide.

One thing to note: This size 42 has measurements identical to two of my Johnson leather jackets and yet it feels much larger. It may look a good fit on the pictures but honestly it‘s super wide in the body. Odd magic happening here, proving yet again that fit is more than just numbers. Lesson learned for me from this: I‘ll size down on the next LW and go by size tag rather than measurements with this brand. (This is a size 42 with my usual go-to measurements; I am a true 40)

Still, it will work well for layering in the winter and currently had no LW in my stacks, so happy with what I got despite a few cons.
AB8FAA54-9469-42D1-A2AF-D304715D36DF.jpeg
3DD42FE8-FFCA-444D-A2F0-EDAA0349D87B.jpeg
75DC1C6D-C0F2-4EA1-A72B-E5B2349E6570.jpeg

torfjord

Call Me a Cab
I was just looking at a few of these last night. Such a great jacket, do they run true to numbered size? Any advice?

Mine does not have a number size, it is tagged a size L. I’m usually a medium or a size 40. This has a p2p measurement of 54 cm. I’d say it fits one size smaller than suggested by the tag.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
Received this used Lost Worlds Russet Test yesterday. Mixed bag. The leather color ain‘t for me, the sleeves are too long for me and sleeves overall quite tunnely wide.

One thing to note: This size 42 has measurements identical to two of my Johnson leather jackets and yet it feels much larger. It may look a good fit on the pictures but honestly it‘s super wide in the body. Odd magic happening here, proving yet again that fit is more than just numbers. Lesson learned for me from this: I‘ll size down on the next LW and go by size tag rather than measurements with this brand. (This is a size 42 with my usual go-to measurements; I am a true 40)

Still, it will work well for layering in the winter and currently had no LW in my stacks, so happy with what I got despite a few cons. View attachment 611213 View attachment 611215 View attachment 611217
I think it looks fine overall.

This style definitely has minimal taper, so not surprised to hear you might find it roomy in the body if you're not used to that style.

You'll probably find it to grow on you as a simple everyday jacket you throw on when you need to head out and get stuff done.

Last edited:

Still, it will work well for layering in the winter and currently had no LW in my stacks, so happy with what I got despite a few cons. View attachment 611213 View attachment 611215 View attachment 611217
I like this fit. Doesn’t look even remotely too large. It’s not a sausage casing style and I think this is exactly how it should fit.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up

I agree with others that the fit is really quite nice on this LW half-belt, even if it feels wide and a little tubular in the arms. I also agree that the LW Brown (Russett) is rather a flat and not really interesting leather. That said, it should last you a couple lifetimes, and it may indeed grow on you with time & usage. Hope so, it's a great jacket.

On edit - I just went back and saw this has the Crown grey main zipper. That takes it up at least a few notches! Do you like the Crown zip? The J23 I previously had also had a Crown spring loaded main zipper and it was fantastically smooth and easy to use.

cbez

One Too Many
I don't think it looks bad but I've had some LW jackets with thigh sized sleeves too. Just gives a billowy 90s vibe.

bigmanbigtruck

One of the Regulars
I've had some LW jackets with thigh sized sleeves too
Cut the sleeves off, now you can make some leather pants and a vest... profit :)

Yes, the sleeves can seem billowy from certain angles and poses.
On the ryder I have, they settle very nicely when looking front on. But from the side, I think the forearm tends to be ok, but excess settles around the rear shoulder and triceps area. While other jackets I have fit those areas better, this feels very comfortable for me when moving around.
ryder.jpg

Time for me to do some curls, extensions, presses and pull ups... and fill em out

Cut the sleeves off, now you can make some leather pants and a vest... profit :)

Yes, the sleeves can seem billowy from certain angles and poses.
On the ryder I have, they settle very nicely when looking front on. But from the side, I think the forearm tends to be ok, but excess settles around the rear shoulder and triceps area. While other jackets I have fit those areas better, this feels very comfortable for me when moving around.
View attachment 611340

Time for me to do some curls, extensions, presses and pull ups... and fill em out

Some LW have larger sleeves for sure.

Love the Ryder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic