Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Owen Wilson?¢‚Ǩ¬¶best actor?

tomdunn422

New in Town
Owen Wilson…best actor?

I’ve only seen a few of his movies so far (Rushmore, Wedding Crasher, Zoolander), but I’m really turning into a fan of this guy. They interviewed him in playboy this month and I think his best line was when he compared picking up women at weddings to fishing with dynamite (unfortunately for my single, female friends he wasn’t a guest at our wedding!) From a female’s point of view, he’s a pretty smart guy with lots of great points for the single men out there. Anyone else like him, or catch this interview?

Katy

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, I'd say I was a fan of his...Meet the Parents, Royal Tenenbaums, even The Big Bounce. I just bought The Life Aquatic but haven't sat down to watch it yet. He has great improvisational abilities in his films.

By the way, both the Royal Tenenbaums and Life Aquatic are only available on DVD as part of the Criterion Collection. It's a collection of very important films...lots of foreign ones...from the silent era through the present. But...geesh...they are expensive. Kurasawa's Stray Dog is nearly forty bucks. One from the collection that I recommend is Rififi, classic French film noir from 1955 about a bunch of ex-cons planning a big heist...great clothes...highly recommended.

Lana

New in Town
I've been a fan of Owen since I saw him in Bottle Rocket as Dignan.

Though I like him as an actor, I wish he would write some new scripts. But in an interview, Owen said he just does not have much time for that anymore. It's a shame, I always thought Wes Anderson and him put out a couple pretty fine movies when they were writing partners.

Feraud

Bartender
Owen Wilson's best work is with Wes Anderson. With the exception of some funny side roles like The Cable Guy, Zoolander and Meet the Parents, his work strikes me as mediocre. He has played some hilarious characters but he does not strike me as consistantly funny. I would not consider him a "best" actor.

Russell Crowe probably turns out better films on a regular basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo