Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paglietta or Boater size 58 cm.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Paglietta 1.jpg

The "Paglietta" as we call this hat here in Italy is made of simple straw braids sewn together. It came in my collection few years ago with a very usual finish
Paglietta 2.jpg

It was too weird for my head and its shape did not fit my melon.
It stayed a few years watching the parades of felt hats, then I decided for a gamble.
I sent it to Fleur - Penumbra hat in the Netherlands to find a solution.
Paglietta 3.jpg

Her simple and very fascinating proposal pushed me to continue the refurbishing project, a vintage bicolr ribbon with a simple bow was used
Paglietta fiocco.jpg

Her proposal to make it less ample, to be able to wear it was well done, but I feel a fish out of the water. So no pictures of my face with Paglietta :rolleyes:
Paglietta particolare marocchino.jpg
Paglietta interno totale.jpg
As you can see the sweatband and pierced to avoid overheating of the head and the tip is not to feel the straw scratching the head.
Paglietta 5.jpg

Here the dimension: brim at 6 cm. crown at 9 cm and the ribbon is 3 cm.
The internal measurements are 19.5x17 cm, so a size between 58 and 59 cm. (7 1/4 and 7 3/8 US) I am very happy with my project and its implementation, but the "Paglietta" is not my bread. So, it is here to find a new home
Paglietta 4.jpg

The asking price is €70 or $80 ;)
Ask for the exact shipping cost for your destination.
If you need more details or pictures plese let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy