Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panamas

GA Wildlifer

Familiar Face
You are right Shorty

He is very reasonable. Also, very knowledgeable and nice (if you are not a hat seller trying to rip people off). Notice any resemblance between the pictures and Panama Bob's site? http://www.panamas.biz/tour.html Scroll down the page. My Montecristi is in the mail, and I have a Cuenca being made.

Robert

spiridon

A-List Customer
And yet ANOTHER Panama!!!!

Here ya go guys.....my newest addition.....a new Montecristi from Panamabob. A very nice, lightweight, great fitting hat which will certainly serve me well in the atrocious heat and humidity of the upper Gulf Coast.....whaddya think!?:D

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

Aquia33

One of the Regulars
Yes we do...

as my avitar will attest to. Mine is (are ( I have a couple)) from Panama Bob.

Caledonia said:
Does anybody wear a panama? Seeing as it's almost centuries old as a hat concept, I thought it would be an interesting summer addition that would easily fit in with 20's to 50's in particular. I've ordered one. Does that get me barred?:eek: Actually, if it does get me barred, I'll return it tout de suite I promise!:D

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Spiridon,

I saw your hat getting put down upon on another forum.

Remember the helpful hints and musings page that I send with every hat:

#3) If you don't like the Ecuadorian hat shape (blcok), I'll be happy to suggest letting Art Fawcett (West Coast) at 1-888-270-3984 and/or Gary White (East Coast) 716-896-3722 have a shot at it.

The best blocks, creases, and finishing work that I've ever seen on a Montecristi came from Optimo in Chicago, Art in Oregon, Gary in Buffalo, and I have a Brent Black that was mysteriously blocked in Colorado (one beauty of a finish). The hat I have from New Mexico is butt ugly and a customer who had his done in Bisbee opted for White to finish his hats and was thrilled to death.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
2 hats

spiridon said:
Here ya go guys.....my newest addition.....a new Montecristi from Panamabob. A very nice, lightweight, great fitting hat which will certainly serve me well in the atrocious heat and humidity of the upper Gulf Coast.....whaddya think!?:D

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

What is the difference in the two hats? Thanks...

RedPop4

One Too Many
My lovely

arrived yesterday, I'm so thrilled. Feels like it was blocked ON my head, it fits so well.

Montecristi_Panama_Hat_1.sized.jpg

Montecristi_Panama_Hat_2.sized.jpg

Montecristi_Panama_Hat_3.sized.jpg

This one has a flag I mentioned on a thread in the Observation Bar. It's a Rebuild New Orleans flag.
Montecristi_Panama_Hat_6.sized.jpg

Montecristi_Panama_Hat_7.sized.jpg

Montecristi_Panama_Hat_7.sized.jpg

Trying to steam my Grandpa's old straw. Don't know if I can do anything with it.
Steaming_Grandpa_s_Hat_June_20_2006_1.sized.jpg

Montecristi_Panama_Hat_inside.sized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran