Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pants you wear with your leather jackets

Mich486

One Too Many
I like these. Extremely well made and I do like the look. Plus they're very comfortable to wear.

It's ok if you don't like them and I love to hear you elaborate on what you don't like about them. But I'm not sure I appreciate you calling my clothes ugly.

I prefer these Balmains over all the sweatpants and daddy jeans I see here on tfl. But that's personal taste. Tastes differ. No need to call each other's clothes ugly.

I honestly thought they were just some pants you saw online and took a screenshot of, didn’t think they were your actual clothes. Not like my opinion on them is changing but if i knew I wouldn’t have said anything. Of course this place would be very boring if we all had the same exact tastes... but so it would be if only praises all the times. Peace :)

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think every type of pants goes well with leather jackets, but not every color combination.
Fortunately there is no dress code in my office, so I only wear jeans, rarely chinos. Suit pants never really.
My pants are from G-Star, either Arc 3D or Elwood. Slim fit.
I also have various spontaneous purchases that I sometimes wear.
My favorite color for jeans is gray.

Harris HTM

One Too Many
There is no dress code at my office as well (well, the past 12 months I've only been 3-4 times there due to the lock-down...) so I usually wear jeans (IH, Rogue Territory, Unbranded, Lee 101), rarely suit trousers and quite often my favourite alternative to jeans: heavy tweed trousers, I own two pairs from Walker Slater and they are really suitable for winter - they look great with brown leather as a plus!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
All i wear are IH 634, it works for me.
Sometimes i'll wear a leather jacket with my workpants (carhartt B01) and that works well too.
The high rise of this model really works with short jackets like Cal or other CHP models. I call that "going @El Marro"
I’ll take that as a compliment @Carlos840!
It certainly is true, I wear those Carhartts five days a week to work and I usually do have a leather jacket on as well.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I love this pants
Screenshot_20210405-072312_Gallery.jpg
Just chinese knockoff of cryptek camo made into tranformable cargo trousers and shorts (i never wear the shorts mode not even going to try) its design is civilian enough no kneepad/ knee pleats or excessive velcro tabs, not screaming too camo, even passable as batik pants, the color works with any earth tone top and denim jacket, perfect for my tropical climate super breathable, non fading, quick drying,
30bucks from china
Bought it a decade ago, worn almost daily before i have jeans etc, been washed "one thousand times + 1" looking exactly the same to the day it was bought, never need any patching nor mending.
I did some mods to change the leg fit and adding ankle zipper for chunkier boots. Some might say its fugly but im at that age where others opinion dont matter much :D
Nowadays it serves as mostly as house/ pajama pants since i have better(=more expensive)pants to wear... but if I need to hunt some easter eggs to the nearby minimarket for breakfast like today. I wont bother to change pants to pair it with leather jacket.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Ready for a photo-bomb? I have a myriad of trousers and non-indigo jeans that I wear with my leather jackets:

Buzz Rickson WWII chinos:
iqRT5cw.jpg

jEfViLj.jpg

KfJkCOK.jpg

Buzz Rickson HBT trousers:
0j4eJZv.jpg

sRipIr2.jpg

inJGPDy.jpg

Mister Freedom Continental Trousers in cacao chambray:
7Plkqv9.jpg

M9imECn.jpg

Blue Blanket Trousers in an Italian herringbone fabric:
KMMcfWl.jpg

VIpCZhu.jpg

The Rite Stuff Daybreak Salt and Pepper Work Trousers:
chXx2H0.jpg

NlnKqxi.jpg

Stevenson Overall Co. Quartermaster trousers in indigo dyed twill:
CAVLYoh.jpg

Roy Foreman pants in 10oz cotton duck:
503ulRR.jpg

Greasepoint Workwear Work Jeans in Olive/Forest selvedge denim:
vKFyKVH.jpg

gwrOOBV.jpg

MEkPhRa.jpg

Oooe Yofukuten Mechanic Overalls in ecru selvedge denim:
0KVVejN.jpg

Pandemic

One Too Many
I couldn't agree more.

I wear a lot of different styles: formal wear, fashion and 'old-school' (whatever 'old-school' may be, imo every style is fashion). But 'old-school' is the only style I show here on the lounge.

I’d love a thread in the outerwear section on ‘formal wear worn by people who also wear leather jackets’.

These days I don’t have as much interest in anything dressier than I post here, but when we stop wearing uniforms at work post-pandemic I’ll be back in sportscoats and ties.

@dudewuttheheck absolutely kills the not-jeans and jacket thing.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
@dudewuttheheck, I was waiting for your entry into this thread...:) Bang!

Lots of ideas, thanks. I am very partial to indigo-dyed twill, duck or moleskin. I love how they age, not like denim at all but more subtly. Will have to check them out.

Cornelius

Practically Family
Love the fabric used for those WWII chinos, but can't bear the side-slash pockets - I consistently loose items from that style pocket when seated, especially on couches or in cars with bucket seats.

If someone made an inaccurate -Gasp!- WWII Chino with jean-style top opening pockets, I'd be all over it... I have several deadstock pairs of "Hunting World" safari pants in this style & it's brilliant. They are more of a hot weather lightweight gabardine though; a heavier fabric could extend their seasonal use.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@dudewuttheheck, I was waiting for your entry into this thread...:) Bang!

Lots of ideas, thanks. I am very partial to indigo-dyed twill, duck or moleskin. I love how they age, not like denim at all but more subtly. Will have to check them out.
Duck and moleskin are a lot of fun. There are some great chino fabrics that can age nicely too, though. You just have to get the right ones.

Edward

Bartender
Love the fabric used for those WWII chinos, but can't bear the side-slash pockets - I consistently loose items from that style pocket when seated, especially on couches or in cars with bucket seats.

If someone made an inaccurate -Gasp!- WWII Chino with jean-style top opening pockets, I'd be all over it... I have several deadstock pairs of "Hunting World" safari pants in this style & it's brilliant. They are more of a hot weather lightweight gabardine though; a heavier fabric could extend their seasonal use.

Spencers' Trousers https://www.spencers-trousers.com/ here in the UK will copy any pair of trousers you have in any material. Not the cheapest (though the weak pound might help you here). Maybe something similar somewhere in the US? I'm thinking of trying something similar in Beijing if I can get the right recommendation - a local sewer rather than a "sweatshop".

Cornelius

Practically Family
There is a "Sastrería" in my Chicago neighborhood which advertises an ability to make custom mariachi suits. Perhaps I'll inquire there... one pair of trousers should be easy by comparison!

Pandemic

One Too Many
I’m still on the hunt for a pair of black jeans. Opening must be at least 8.5” but preferably an inch more than that. I’d also prefer a higher rise for those times I tuck the front of my shirt in under a jacket. Deep dark black and selvedge preferred.

I’m pretty close to biting the bullet and ordering Iron Heart, but this is a last ditch attempt to find an alternative.

EDIT:
I ordered another pair of Ciano Farmers in 14oz black (have a pair of their 18oz Japanese indigo). Miner cut with a custom inch added to the opening. Last time I waited seven months, let’s hope he is faster this time!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy