Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pattern Box

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
So Ladies,

In the same vane as the Beauty Box I thought it might be fun to do a pattern box. I know I have a lot of patterns that I won't get around to making since they wouldn't be right for my body type and I think it'd be fun to get to exchange patterns with people. What do you all think? Would anyone be interested?

TheSwingingBee

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I would I have a few that I have tried making and dont like on me but would look great on others. I'm in

crwritt

One Too Many
I think i'd be interested if I knew there would be some patterns close to my size.
Can we post, maybe just the sizes of patterns that we're thinking of including?

Bijou dela Jour

New in Town
Ladies, I'm new here, hello! I love this idea. I have a metric ton of vintage patterns and I just know that I'll never use them all. But of course, there's always the thrill of getting a new one that would be fab for me. I'd love to participate in a pattern exchange - please count me in... and I hope to get to know some of you better very soonish.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Just to get things startered off on the size front I am a moddern pattern size 12 (my hips are a bit bigger but when the skirt is full its fine) as for vintage patterns I don't have a clue

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
I'm a bigger girl, but I'm super happy to resize patterns to fit me. As for the patterns I have the sizes range anywhere from a 30" bust to a 44" bust, so I'm happy to include a lot of things. I also have a lot of childrens patterns if anyone would be interested in those. Also, do we want to stick to specific decades? I have things ranging from the 30's to now that I'd be happy to include!

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
How do we want to go about this? What should the rules be? Same as for the beauty box (must be a member of the boards with more than 100 posts)? I'm happy to start the box off. I was thinking maybe a small flat rate box or envelope. Does that work for anyone or were you planning on including patterns that are in a larger than average envelope? Also, do we want to limit it to vintage or vintage reprint patterns? What decade do we want to stop it at? Any thoughts?

Grant Fan

Practically Family
I think we need larger than an envelope some of the ones I am putting in are kinda big. I think those rules are ok but I think vintage, vintage reprint or vintagey are best

Juliet

A-List Customer
This may be somewhat off-topic, but would anyone like scans of old magazines with patterns? Of course, one has then to enlarge the pattern by themselves, and the scans are in different languages, but still? I'll gladly post them.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
If we do a medium flat rate box the price would be $10.95 to ship, and the size is either 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" or 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" according to the website. I think that would be enough space for larger patterns and to include quite a few patterns. So I'm thinking that for the first round at least we do pre-1970's styles (including repro) and only women's patterns, unless you all are interested in men's or children's clothing for this one. Anyone still interested?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
If we do a medium flat rate box the price would be $10.95 to ship, and the size is either 11" x 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" or 13 5/8" x 11 7/8" x 3 3/8" according to the website. I think that would be enough space for larger patterns and to include quite a few patterns. So I'm thinking that for the first round at least we do pre-1970's styles (including repro) and only women's patterns, unless you all are interested in men's or children's clothing for this one. Anyone still interested?

I am still very interested.

TheSwingingBee

One of the Regulars
Ok, let's start this with a mail date of the 15th, next Thursday. Anyone else interested post here before then and we'll add you into the rotation. So far I have deadpandiva, Grant Fan, Wire9Vintage, and myself, I'm happy to start with the 4 of us but I thought I'd let others have a chance. If we get no other takers then I'll post the order on the 14th and mail on the 15th!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy