Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PBBM's for sale

jpdesign

Vendor
My wife has decided that I need fewer hats, since I am going o start producing some of my own, so here we go.

First up are 3 Borsalino Michaelsons
1 light grey
1 dark grey
1 brown

All are a size 7 1/4. I can go up or down about one size but it will not have the borsalino super soft sweatband.

All are being blocked open and flanged as I type this, so they will be ready to shape to you favorite seen by either you or myself.

We are going to call it $150 including shipping.

If you want it shipped in a "Diamond Plate" aluminium hat box tack on another $175.

Thanks,
Jimmy

P.S. I also have a 1940's vintage borsalino to sell, didn't post it on indy gear.
tan, 7 1/4, unusssal do to a 3 inch bound edge, must had 2 1/2 or 2 3/4 inch. Say $100.

jpdesign

Vendor
I worked at Peters Bros. for about 6 years and learned to make hats there. I have recently bought equipment and set up a little shop in my garage to do repairs, and eventually start turning out a few hats. These are hats I have had for a while and don't wear anymore. So I have cleaned and blocked them(since they were pretty much flattened in my move in may) and am going to sell some of my collection.

Diamond plate aluminium is the stuff they make truck tool boxes out of, that has the little diamond patterns raised on it. My Grandfather, father , and uncle run precision fabrication sheetmetal plate down by Austin. Last year I had they make up six hat boxes out of 1/8 inch think aluminium with this pattern. Still have some. After this batch the price will go up and the boxes will be a little thinner, as the price of aluminium has skyrocketed since I had these made. I also have designed some steam heads and had them made up. they are in the background of the first set of pictures that come up, and you can see one of the hat boxes under the table.

http://photobucket.com/albums/c204/JimmyPierceDesign/

Thanks
Jimmy

Michaelson

One Too Many
Jimmy worked on my hats when he was a PB, and he's a master craftsman, if I may say so. I've always been pleased with what he did for me there. I'm VERY happy to see he's going to offer us services as he has time.

I saw the prototype of this box when I was in Ft. Worth last year, and it's a real work of art. For you guys who own a pickup truck, THIS is the box for you and your hat if you're traveling! Built like a tank! Do I own one? Not yet, had to many irons in the fire this year, but maybe someday I'll be banging on Jimmy's door, as I was extremely impressed with what he's created in this hatbox.

He does good work, and makes good stuff to boot. Nice fellow to visit too, if you're ever down Ft. Worth way!!

High regards!

Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff