Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pegasus Luftwaffe

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I bit the bullet on one of these. Ordered it two months ago and Kevin just emailed me with a picture and a tracking #. Looks great in the pic, hope it fits well and still looks as good with me inside it, lol

jacket.jpg

Metatron

One Too Many
That's one of my favourite jacket designs I've seen online: The pockets and zipped cuffs are based on the issued flight jackets and the rest is based on the civilian European utility jackets of the 1930s-1940s

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thats nice, I really like it alot. Im not sure if it would suit my build...somewhere between 48 and 50....kevin is a champion, and I have sent him emails. He is a really cool guy, very easy to deal with, and very knowledgable...what hide did you go for?

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
I went with his FQHH, plaid cotton body lining and satin sleeve lining. I'll post more pics when it arrives.

nabottle

A-List Customer
It's a very cool jacket! I'm looking forward to seeing the pics you post when you get it. I've been thinking of getting one of their D-Pockets. Your photos of the quality may just make up my mind for me.

pipvh

Practically Family
Kevin does seem like a good guy. I asked him whether he would modify one of his safari jackets - one button higher, with the idea of making it look like one of the pieces in the Finnish leather jacket thread - but he very patiently explained why they don't do modifications that involve changing the actual pattern. Which is a shame but I also really like the Luftwaffe and I'll be watching out for your photos.

I asked him about some mods as well, and he will do things like removing a buckle or pocket. He will also adjust length.

mihai

A-List Customer
@Cyber Lip
Great looking jacket. Congratulations!
Please upload some pictures wearing it when possible. I am curious about the fit.

That's one of my favourite jacket designs I've seen online: The pockets and zipped cuffs are based on the issued flight jackets and the rest is based on the civilian European utility jackets of the 1930s-1940s
I like it too, what you are saying concerns me from the accuracy point of view.
Why hardly any Luftwaffe repro, copied up to the last stitch? Why just Luftwaffe inspired jackets? Only some approximate cut with just some original elements(pockets, fasteners...).
I have an OG Luftwaffe one and fits great, better than A2s, for me at least.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I don't believe there ever were any issue jackets like this, I think pilots bought their own. They started buying French motorcycle jackets when they occupied that country, and because they bought them from different places and also had them made to order they were mostly all a bit different from each other.

Sheepskin flying jackets and night fighter jackets were issued later I believe but not the black or brown so called Luftwaffe jackets as seen in pictures like The Battle Of Britain. They were all Lewis Leathers jackets in that film BTW and the Dominator was based on the style.

Metatron

One Too Many
@Cyber Lip
I like it too, what you are saying concerns me from the accuracy point of view.
Why hardly any Luftwaffe repro, copied up to the last stitch? Why just Luftwaffe inspired jackets? Only some approximate cut with just some original elements(pockets, fasteners...).
I have an OG Luftwaffe one and fits great, better than A2s, for me at least.

Because there were many privately purchased jackets in the Luftwaffe with different details. There were also issued jackets. Pegasus makes a point of not replicating exactly, but being inspired by the originals.
There were definitely issued jackets in the Luftwaffe, I have gone into it in some detail here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?58845-A-short-guide-to-Luftwaffe-flight-jackets

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
I don't think anyone is saying there were no issue jackets. Quite clearly there were and I mentioned a couple. But I don't believe there were any issue jackets like these, the iconic so called Luftwaffe jackets of the early war years.

D

Deleted member 16736

For those who don't need/want a Luftwaffe-branded jacket per se, Kevin will use the standard Pegasus label instead. Personally, I prefer to think of them as French cyclist jackets.

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Well, I received it but I'm having to send it back due to some measurements being off. When I get the replacement I'll post lots of pics and a review.

wanz

One of the Regulars
Well, I received it but I'm having to send it back due to some measurements being off. When I get the replacement I'll post lots of pics and a review.

Hope things work out for you Cyber Lip... I liked the jacket enough from your original post that I placed on order for one on Thursday. Guess I will need to be more patient next time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails