Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Personalized Spats

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
I bought this pair of spats from spatterdash.com

what once was so
Gent_ivory_paisley.jpg

is now:

i made it with black borders...

how does it looks?:)

Edward

Bartender
Nice!

My aesthetic preference leans more in favour of spectators & co-respondants, but I'm increasingly tempted to go for some spats for an alternative. I like the black obrdering detail on yours - definitely givens them a more "finished" look than the standard.

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
you really should get one pair, im very satisfied with mine and it looks elegant...
if you see the video i posted in "the moving picture" about Fred Astaire you will have no doubt:)

Edward

Bartender
Empyrium said:
you really should get one pair, im very satisfied with mine and it looks elegant...
if you see the video i posted in "the moving picture" about Fred Astaire you will have no doubt:)

It would be nice to wear them "properly" - I've been wearing half a pair for years when dressed as Riff Raff in Rocky Horror! I was thinking of getting myself a nice white pair, maybe grey too. :)

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I've been looking at the "Grey Fox" spats on Spatterdash for quite a while, but I haven't yet bought a pair, as much as I want to. I probably will within the next year.

Grey is one of my favorite spat colors, and I've noticed that most of the old boxcloth spats I see are some shade of grey. Would it be apropriate to wear gray spats with a grey suit? Should they be different enough shades of grey to create contrast? I'm thinking about wear during the day, not formal.

Empyrium

One of the Regulars
I think the suit color should be darker than the spats like in this example.
untitleddn9.jpg

But nothing wrong if the colors are the same, suit and spats.

Updating: I undid the black borders of mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925