Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of my new Lost Worlds Suburban

One of the Regulars
:eusa_clap Bravo Zulu, Sir! Very nice indeed... I love the combination of goatskin and the mouton collar (inspired by the Naval G1, perhaps?) Regardless of how you came to the idea, the combination is both distinctive and appealing on a civilian jacket like the Suburban. Great idea, and beautifully executed. Congratulations, I'm sure you'll put many miles on it.

Thank you!! it is nice indeed, no doubt about it.
I took me a while to decide what options to add to make it different a great jacket.
I choose the goatskin because it was an exceptional quality grain black goatskin, then I added the mouton collar, nad then checking few LeatherTogs and Beck jackets I added the throat latch a la G1 like you said.
Overall I'm very please with the final product.

One of the Regulars
It's good to see leather jackets from other manufacturers - it looks very well made indeed. Would love to see it again when it's broken in. Many congrats and enjoy!

Thank you Cooperson!
These manufacturer jackets are "The Real Deal", top notch in every detail,pictures does not do justice to their product/s.
All I need to try now is my pending jacket from Chapman, to make my final manufacturers ranking.

One of the Regulars
Great jacket - looks like it'll be nice and warm for winter weather.
Thank you Mike!

Fantastic jacket! I have been eying the Suburban Sheepskin myself. Someday...
I was wondering whether Lost Worlds would be willing to add a button enclosure on the neck - now I know!

On a different note,

I would love to see pictures of your peacoat, piranha.

Thank you Sir!
They can do that and more if the customer request that!

One of the Regulars
Hey Coffee;
Thank you, you have a good eye, a superb quality goatskin!
Quite honestly I don't think Snark , and or me will make LW gain more respect here.
The man delivers an incredible product and service, that's what it counts to me.

One of the Regulars
More Pics

Here few more pics of the Suburban. I wear it about 4-5 times for casual use and it start to show beautiful creases, specially on the sleeves.

PICT0036.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

PICT0041.jpg

Philalethes

A-List Customer
More great pictures. That looks like a really heavy duty coat, especially for goatskin. The finish on that hide is fantastic.

You know, I am in the market for a 3/4 coat, and this thread is pushing me towards taking another serious look at Lost World's offerings...

too much coffee

Practically Family
That last pic 1087; you, your bike and the Suburban.........................throw in a couple of women and what else does a man need? Bitchin' stuff!
Yeah you're right, starting to crease up and pop some grain real nice. Congratulations again.

Regards, coffee

KhalilSheikh

New in Town
That jacket in the 3 oz goat will age beautifully. I was a horsehide 'purist' for a long time and every jacket I ordered from Stu was in horsehide, until I ordered a Ryder in goatskin. I'm going to stick to LW goat from now on.
Great looking jacket there.

One of the Regulars
That last pic 1087; you, your bike and the Suburban.........................throw in a couple of women and what else does a man need? Bitchin' stuff!
Yeah you're right, starting to crease up and pop some grain real nice. Congratulations again.

Regards, coffee

There been plenty of women there at the show , but the combo of the Sub and the bike looks great!:D
Thank you again!

One of the Regulars
That jacket in the 3 oz goat will age beautifully. I was a horsehide 'purist' for a long time and every jacket I ordered from Stu was in horsehide, until I ordered a Ryder in goatskin. I'm going to stick to LW goat from now on.
Great looking jacket there.

Hello Khalil;
I agree that will age great, I'm a HH purist as well, but I couldn't resist this particular goatskin from LW. I really likes to see pics of your LW Collection, perhaps material for a dedicated thread.
Thank you.

KhalilSheikh

New in Town
Hello Khalil;
I agree that will age great, I'm a HH purist as well, but I couldn't resist this particular goatskin from LW. I really likes to see pics of your LW Collection, perhaps material for a dedicated thread.
Thank you.

Good idea.
I've sold some of them off to buy other toys, but I should have pictures of them in one of the backup drives. Let's see what I come up with...

scout14j

New in Town
Hey 1087,
Semi new here and wanted some input from you, if you don't mind. I've narrowed down my jacket choices to something from Langlitz or a Suburban. How does the jacket fit while you're on a bike...sleeves and back and all? I'm looking for a jacket that can pull double duty as a bike and winter jacket. No need for a lot of different jackets in north Florida....but something like that will make year round riding doable. Thanks for any help...take care.

One of the Regulars
Hey 1087,
Semi new here and wanted some input from you, if you don't mind. I've narrowed down my jacket choices to something from Langlitz or a Suburban. How does the jacket fit while you're on a bike...sleeves and back and all? I'm looking for a jacket that can pull double duty as a bike and winter jacket. No need for a lot of different jackets in north Florida....but something like that will make year round riding doable. Thanks for any help...take care.

Welcome to the Fedora Lounge!!
Answering your questions, the LW goatskin Suburban is a perfect double dutt MC jacket, great back motion and perfect sleeves length while riding, and a head turner for night events.
Having said that Langlitz made fabulous jackets as well, so if your Langlitz choice is a goatskin Cascade you can't go wrong either.
Both companies has a top notch goatskin, perfect for your Florida weather.
Decisions...decisions...

scout14j

New in Town
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah...it's a tough one. Still waiting on the catalog from Langlitz. I hadn't really considered goat at all, but that's a nice looking jacket you got. I was looking at the horse from LW, and the Cow from Langlitz. I like that dark brown color Langlitz has. Now goat been added to the decision mix as well.

It does actually get decently cold where I'm at in Florida. It was down in the teens when I was home in November...and has stayed cold for a while. None of these work at all when it starts getting hot...any leather jacket. Way too humid for it. You start sweating if you think about leather too hard.

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah...it's a tough one. Still waiting on the catalog from Langlitz. I hadn't really considered goat at all, but that's a nice looking jacket you got. I was looking at the horse from LW, and the Cow from Langlitz. I like that dark brown color Langlitz has. Now goat been added to the decision mix as well.

It does actually get decently cold where I'm at in Florida. It was down in the teens when I was home in November...and has stayed cold for a while. None of these work at all when it starts getting hot...any leather jacket. Way too humid for it. You start sweating if you think about leather too hard.

Well... if Goatskin wasn't consider, then LW has the upper hand, their HH is "the Real Deal", cowhide is avail from many manufacturers, Langlitz has a nice cowhide , but you can't compare that with LW horsehide, they have a russet brown which is gorgeous.
However it takes me about 3-4 months of thinking and comparisons before I order a jacket, the exercise is great and I highly recommend you, to take your time before you throw the hammer.
Keep us on the loop:)

Rambler

New in Town
Beautiful jacket 1087! I am considering a Suburban myself but am a little concerned about the sleeve length. I'm tracking a size 42 on ebay but the sleeve length is noted as being 24 in. from shoulder seam to end of sleeve. Do you find that your sleeve length of 24.5" is sufficient?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy