Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pics of my new Lost Worlds Suburban

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket 1087! I am considering a Suburban myself but am a little concerned about the sleeve length. I'm tracking a size 42 on ebay but the sleeve length is noted as being 24 in. from shoulder seam to end of sleeve. Do you find that your sleeve length of 24.5" is sufficient?

Thank you for your compliment Sir!
I noticed that 42 Suburban in E-Bay it looks fantastic!
My 24.5 Suburban sleeve length is perfect for you, but IDK if will be OK for you, 24.5" is the standard sleeves length for a 40 Suburban, so probably the seller did not measured correctly his jacket for sale.
I suggest you to measure the sleeves length of any jacket that you currently own, to determine if 24" is your correct length, and also ask the seller to re-measure the sleeve length of his jacket.
I hope this help and the best of luck!

Rambler

New in Town
Thank you for your compliment Sir!
I noticed that 42 Suburban in E-Bay it looks fantastic!
My 24.5 Suburban sleeve length is perfect for you, but IDK if will be OK for you, 24.5" is the standard sleeves length for a 40 Suburban, so probably the seller did not measured correctly his jacket for sale.
I suggest you to measure the sleeves length of any jacket that you currently own, to determine if 24" is your correct length, and also ask the seller to re-measure the sleeve length of his jacket.
I hope this help and the best of luck!

Thanks for the feedback 1087. I was wondering whether it was measured correctly in the listing. I think 24" would be too short for me, I am generally a 25"-26" in jackets/coats. I might also be optimistic with a 42 size in LW never having tried one on before. I prefer a snug fit with this style and can get away with a 42 in some jackets (a Schott 141 for example). But my chest is about 22.5" across and shoulders about 20" across. I'd hate to miss out on a good deal if the 42 would fit!

scout14j

New in Town
Goat wasn't being considered. I haven't had too much experience with goat leather. Like I said, that's a nice looking jacket you got....so it throws another factor into the decision.
I've been considering for a while. Originally, I was going to go for the Aero highwayman....but I decided to go between either LW or Langlitz. They both have nice products. Langlitz has an outstanding reputation not only for good leathers, but for standing by their products and generally being nice to work with. LW's horse has a very good reputation also. The brown is the color I'm looking at. I'll just have to see how it plays out, and get them to send me some samples. Thanks for your help.

scout14j

New in Town
I went with the Langlitz goat. It was a hard decision. I got the samples from Langlitz and Lost Worlds. They were all good, but the goat stood out from both of the companies. Very nice stuff. They were both great, but I think the Lost Worlds goat is amazing, and had a bit of an edge. I still decided to go with Langlitz because they will work with you more for what you want on measurements.

I wanted a motorcycle jacket that was a bit longer than most, so I went with the cascade and asked them to make it a bit longer for me....keeping the zipper up a bit higher so it wouldn't bother me on the bike by riding up so much. It actually worked out pretty good...I was unsure off how it would do. That's another reason I went with the goat, since it's a bit more pliable. Also...the sample was nice, but it was nowhere near how the actual jacket turned out. It's a nice jacket.

The people at langlitz are great. They work with you, and are pretty prompt with getting back to you. They beat their expected finish time by a few days.

I also found a nice horsehide vest on the sale page of Lost Worlds. Same as langlitz...the finished product is much better than the sample. It's a very nice vest...no issues with workmanship, as I read some other people had here....and my wife, who ordered it for me, said they were very nice and easy to work with. I may be moving to a colder climate soon, so I may have to look into that horsehide from LW.

Sorry, no pictures will be following anytime soon, as I am headed back overseas to work right now.

One of the Regulars
I went with the Langlitz goat. It was a hard decision. I got the samples from Langlitz and Lost Worlds. They were all good, but the goat stood out from both of the companies. Very nice stuff. They were both great, but I think the Lost Worlds goat is amazing, and had a bit of an edge. I still decided to go with Langlitz because they will work with you more for what you want on measurements.

I wanted a motorcycle jacket that was a bit longer than most, so I went with the cascade and asked them to make it a bit longer for me....keeping the zipper up a bit higher so it wouldn't bother me on the bike by riding up so much. It actually worked out pretty good...I was unsure off how it would do. That's another reason I went with the goat, since it's a bit more pliable. Also...the sample was nice, but it was nowhere near how the actual jacket turned out. It's a nice jacket.

The people at langlitz are great. They work with you, and are pretty prompt with getting back to you. They beat their expected finish time by a few days.

I also found a nice horsehide vest on the sale page of Lost Worlds. Same as langlitz...the finished product is much better than the sample. It's a very nice vest...no issues with workmanship, as I read some other people had here....and my wife, who ordered it for me, said they were very nice and easy to work with. I may be moving to a colder climate soon, so I may have to look into that horsehide from LW.

Sorry, no pictures will be following anytime soon, as I am headed back overseas to work right now.

Excellent decision!!!
The Cascade is an exceptional jacket that I still entertaining to order from Dave ( outstanding guy!!).
Both companies goatskin are sensational, but I agree you can customize more with Dave from the get go.
I'm looking forward to your pictures, but please open your own thread ( both you and jacket really deserve it)
Congratulations again!!!

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Mine came in today as well. Crappy cell phone photo.
Suburban.jpg
[/IMG]

IXL

One Too Many
Mine came in today as well. Crappy cell phone photo.
Suburban.jpg
[/IMG]

Well, what do you think of the jacket, Dave. How stiff is it? From your "crappy" photo it looks pretty good! Between here and HDF I didn't remember exactly what you had on order. I think I'm about to get sucked in again.........

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Not to steal the thread but yes, I am in Jacket heaven. Perfect fit, Stuarts call on sizing. Nothing I have ever owned touches this. Of course I went from crap coats to a new level.
This LW Suburban.
One Vanson Enfield on order.
Picked up a Schott 740 Pea Coat.
I have a FoX Creek Grayson.
Now torn between an Ace Cafe Racer or the LW Easy Ryder. Struggling because I am so blown away by this suburban. I thought the Aero looked a bit more riding friendly but the LW is amazing. After this I am done!!
Oh, except for the shoes. Got to have shoes with great coats. Wesco boots should be here this week and I found an Australian company that makes amazing dress boots. Oh the pain.

Last edited:

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Thanks!!
I LOVE this jacket.
Cancelled my Vanson Enfield order. Returned my Fox Creek. I was happy having these as I still felt I wanted more. This is all I need. Doubt I will even wear the Pea Coat when I can wear this. Really wanted to add the Easy Ryder after receiving this but decided I will give Aero a try to see if its close. My only gripe is the Brass zipper on LW. Its the best without a doubt... I just prefer Nickel as the color. In 3 months I will be able to compare the two myself.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Hey 1087, I don't know why but I totally missed your new jacket. Man it is beautiful!! I love everything about it: Fit, finish, details, colour and collar. Absolutely adorable!!....And you wear it well!

One of the Regulars
Hey 1087, I don't know why but I totally missed your new jacket. Man it is beautiful!! I love everything about it: Fit, finish, details, colour and collar. Absolutely adorable!!....And you wear it well!

Hello Jan;
Better later than never;)
I really appreciate your compliments, means a lot to me coming from a Connaisseur !
A lovely jacket that I wear it with pride.
Thanks again.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Honestly, I never thought that black and brown would go well with each other until I've seen your jacket. The brown mouton collar is exactly what makes your jacket even more special...and also more versatile. It allows you to wear both brown and black shoes/boots with the jacket and apart from that the brown fur really looks sharp!
I know that Stuart makes great jackets but I never thought that his goatskin is that good !!....Could have something to do with the "homemade-is-better"-recipe he is using for his website. Your pictures finally do his jacket justice!
Again, great jacket, excellent fit, lovely bike and cool chap!

One of the Regulars
Honestly, I never thought that black and brown would go well with each other until I've seen your jacket. The brown mouton collar is exactly what makes your jacket even more special...and also more versatile. It allows you to wear both brown and black shoes/boots with the jacket and apart from that the brown fur really looks sharp!
I know that Stuart makes great jackets but I never thought that his goatskin is that good !!....Could have something to do with the "homemade-is-better"-recipe he is using for his website. Your pictures finally do his jacket justice!
Again, great jacket, excellent fit, lovely bike and cool chap!

Thanks again Jan!
I concur, the black-brown combo allows me to switch shoes/boots and looks great.
About the LW goatskin like I said before it's absolutely amazing, that alone "forces" me into this custom jacket that I'm in love with it!
Glad that you really like the jacket!
PS: more to come soon:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy