Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pierce's - introduction

jpdesign

Vendor
I am posting this one introduction hear because it seems not many people read the merchant section. I am a new sponsor of the board.

Some of you here know about me, here is some more info. For those who do not, Hi.

My name is Jimmy Pierce. I am 28 years old, which I believe makes me the youngest business owning hatter in the US, if I am wrong, let me know so I can stop saying it. I have been working with hats as a job in some form or another for over nine years. I started at Peters Bros. in 1998. I worked there for six years off and on. Their I first learned to clean and repair hats, and later to make them. After that I worked in other stores, and made hats on my own. Last year I decided it was time to open my own store. It is in Granbury, TX on the historic town square.

hct1.jpg
tan_fedora.jpg

hnav4.jpg

These are examples of hats I have made. All of my hats are hand made by me. I use almost all antique tools. While I am more interested in Dress hats, I also make western hats, and anything in between. I work with both beaver and rabbit. A beaver fedora is $300, a rabbit fedora is $150. Bound edges are extra.

These are some various hats that have been commissioned.
admiral1.jpg
hbkderby.jpg

greytop.jpg

I have a decent selection of vintage hats, which will be updated by the end of the weekend on my website. I try to have only hats that are in like new condition.

I also do renovations and repairs. I went to an antiques store and bought the worst looking hat they had just to renovate as an example.
before
before2.jpg

After
after1.jpg

In my store I also carry the Royall Frangrance line, as well as some shaving products from Taylor of Bond St., London, although I may change lines soon, If I find one made in the USA.

I also carry luggage made by the Nakona Baseball Glove company. Nakona is the last company that makes Baseball gloves in the US. They have started making luggage from their baseball glove leather.
duffle.jpg

brief1.jpg

At any given time I will also have on hand a selection of handmade knives and turned wood pens. when I can find them I stock vintage cufflinks and Handkerchiefs.

www.JimmyPierceDesigns.com
www.CustomFedora.com

Thank you for your interest. Hope to hear from you soon.

Jimmy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy