Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pike Brothers, 1944 N-1 Deck Jacket Sizing help???

HanPaulo

New in Town
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had the exact sizing for a Medium and a Large, Pike Brothers, 1944 N-1 Deck Jacket? I seem to fall right in between the specs that they give online.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

tonypaj

Practically Family
I've got a large and an extra-large of these. It gets a bit tricky after that as those two sizes are not that far from each other. XL and L sleeves are pretty much the same. L is a bit shorter in the back. I can wear a jeans jacket with a t-shirt under both of them. I'm OK with both but the difference between them is not really a size. I guess that's why I'm OK with both of them....

HanPaulo

New in Town
I've got a large and an extra-large of these. It gets a bit tricky after that as those two sizes are not that far from each other. XL and L sleeves are pretty much the same. L is a bit shorter in the back. I can wear a jeans jacket with a t-shirt under both of them. I'm OK with both but the difference between them is not really a size. I guess that's why I'm OK with both of them....

Could you possibly measure the chest of the large (pit to pit) for me?

carl1000

New in Town
I bought a pike brothers deck jacket last year. I love it. But… Unless you're small the extra large and up are very big jackets. I sent mine to Johnson Leather in San Francisco as they have made me custom leather jackets before. I told them my measurements and what I wanted to do, and they took that deck jacket and literally cut all the excess off And tailored it just to me. They did an amazing job. The deck jackets are just really big in the sleeves circumference wise and in the stomach area. They took all that down and it looks amazing now.

Cooperson

One Too Many
I have a Medium and I'm 5'11" with a 40" chest. It is a snug fit (no layering) and the arms are tad long. I tried the Large but it absolutely swamped me, it was huge! As a guide, I take a standard 40" in Aero jackets.

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I wonder if the cut on many of Pike Brothers jackets/coats are a bit "off." I purchased their Navy Deck Zip jacket in the Spring and the arms were way too long (2 inches). I too had to have mine tailored and it came out great. However, this shouldn't be something that you have to do. I take a regular length suit jacket. Additionally, the rest of the Deck Zip jacket fit perfect. It was just the sleeves.

- Ian

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Well, I'd say their XXXL B-15A is "just right" for the size. Long enough sleeves, long enough body and doesn't "flutter". Yes I know I should change the handle to "FatHairyFinn" :D They have the measurements on the site, I'd "fit" in the XXL but I wanted some "sweater & movement" space. I had been contemplating between a B-10 or a Deck, but I just kinda stumbled on the offset zipper and... well... Anyways, someone saying Pike Bros stuff is "overengineered" definitely a plus in my books. The lining alpaca alone, but then the filling, oh yes "Shell 100% cotton, Lining 100% wool, Made in Turkey". The cotton poplin might get some waterproofing spray before it gets the water spray but thats just me worrying to get it soaked. The finishing is good, actually on the excellent side, no loose threads, unwrapping buttons, you know the pet peeves. I'm a happy camper :D

Edward

Bartender
I saw their B15A for the first time at Rhythm Riot last weekend. Gorgeous! Really pleased someone is doing these at that mid-market price level. I'm definitely seeing one of them in my future....

BigHairyFinn

One of the Regulars
Deffo a "winter jacket", the alpacka is through the sleeves as well. And no extra hairs on my shirt. Pockets OK. Handwarmers snug but bigger than in the Bauer Alaska parka and going "down"... got an Orvis cardie jacket the pockets go "up" and everything falls out 8p

And inner pockets on both sides, again snug but on *both* sides!

breezer

Practically Family
Was at Aero today and tried on a Medium - it felt huge. I would normally describe myself as a size medium, 38/40 chest. I would not buy this jacket in an M.

Petr Toman

New in Town
ok sorry, i am looking for N1 too, and i have the same problem M or L?
I am:
Height:178cm
80kg

waist: 98cm around
chest: 106cm around
shoulder to wrist: 56-57cm
B10 flying jacket pike brothers, in size L was too big for me.
(I wear Eastman A2 flying jacket size 42 size(she is not free, i wear under only tee, or shirt with C2 sweater.)
B10 Bronson jacket 42, but seems Bronson N1 for jumper will be better 44. And they are sold out.
And the last PIKE BROTHER shoulders looks very long. In all sizes.

can you confirm that for me?
Thanks

Peter
Thanks

Peter

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
I read online Bronson have a new run of their N-1 going on sale in October.

I found the Pike Brothers sizing changes year on year too, I think the early N-1's they did back when these posts were made were sized slightly larger than subseqent seasons.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I recently took some dimensions for estimating the size of a N-1 in XL and found that outside dimensions of that N-1 are very similar to my Carhartt Berwick in XL, also (outside) sleeve width and length. Chest width pit to pit is even exactly the same, 70cm.

The Pike wears though way less roomy than the Berwick, due to pretty thick woolen insulation, i would estimate that to reduce the inner size almost a whole size down.

Cheers

Turnip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy