Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please post photos of your sage green hats

Thank you all for posting photos of your sage and "sageish" green hats! I haven't heard anything from Luisa from Daquino Hats. No doubt she is busy and perhaps on vacation at this time. I do hope she responds.

I've been dealing with D'aquino too. Luisa sometimes takes three or four days to answer my emails but she always eventually gets back to me. I've only ordered her rabbit so I can't speak to her beaver hats, but as long as you are not expecting a $250 hat for $120 you shouldn't be disappointed. I have her making me a light grey hat that should be shipping soon and I just asked her about another. The light grey took some extra time as I asked for a specific ribbon color in a specific width and she had to put in some leg work to procure it. My last hat took just over 30 days from order to delivery. Not bad. Here's the link to my review: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...ing-about-this-hatmaker-daquino.79807/page-23

I think if you approach D'aquino as you would an Akubra that you can have customized to your specs you won't be disappointed. He prices for beaver are less appealing as she is then getting close to competing with some very good domestic custom hatters.

Good luck.

Reactions: RJR
My Beaver Brand 5X green homburg:

f30f3a5bb73eecd97f8dec8379bc8142.jpg
7f2658288b2a54794f19352bee56f5c3.jpg

Because everyone needs a green homburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry Underwood

One of the Regulars
I've been dealing with D'aquino too. Luisa sometimes takes three or four days to answer my emails but she always eventually gets back to me. I've only ordered her rabbit so I can't speak to her beaver hats, but as long as you are not expecting a $250 hat for $120 you shouldn't be disappointed. I have her making me a light grey hat that should be shipping soon and I just asked her about another. The light grey took some extra time as I asked for a specific ribbon color in a specific width and she had to put in some leg work to procure it. My last hat took just over 30 days from order to delivery. Not bad. Here's the link to my review: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/thre...ing-about-this-hatmaker-daquino.79807/page-23

I think if you approach D'aquino as you would an Akubra that you can have customized to your specs you won't be disappointed. He prices for beaver are less appealing as she is then getting close to competing with some very good domestic custom hatters.

Good luck.
Thank you for the encouragement and also posting photos of your green homburg. It's been over a week since I wrote to Luisa. Perhaps I used the wrong link on Etsy. I asked a question about a hat listed on Etsy. I primarily was asking about what color green her hats are and also about a forum member's hat--whether it was beige or tan.

Thank you for the encouragement and also posting photos of your green homburg. It's been over a week since I wrote to Luisa. Perhaps I used the wrong link on Etsy. I asked a question about a hat listed on Etsy. I primarily was asking about what color green her hats are and also about a forum member's hat--whether it was beige or tan.

I think her normal 4+ day response time will be longer due to the holiday.

I don't know if this will help, but she sent me this sometime back when I was asking for photos of some of the different colors:

Hi Brent,

sorry for the delay in my answer.

I only have 100% rabbit fur felt for the price of 76,50€ and 100% beaver fur for 175,00€.

The brown that I have is chocolate brown and the tan is a bit more dark and less yellowish than the beige.

I send you attached photos of the colors you asked.

Thank you so much!

Luisa

cid:31523870-6FD6-4BA2-8CD4-D0894997B797

cid:D6C89ECB-3E08-4AE4-8C7A-410D0EADEEE4

cid:C90A21C6-1A53-4EDD-B323-A2FF9F328883

cid:525D98D8-EAC2-4D5C-89EB-5C3C6C1414D2

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: RJR

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Here's a few green hats that I have to share. Some might be in need of a brushing.
First up, a P.&C. Habig Wien Trachtenhut made in the 70's. Brim is a bit shorter than my preference now, but I still love the felt and the overall quality.

da91c865e21e49fc4f605f613fcdb34c.jpg

Next, a Lembert Trachten made in West Germany in the 50's. One of my favorite velours for petting. So very soft and luxurious.

1ae69506ae78fcf3e09623bfcb8b0a55.jpg

A Rockel Alsfeld Trachren, also German, from the 50's. A Flamand-Velour finish.

c5a5cd54012f69d367b6606924e33cc6.jpg

This 60's or so Alpenland Trachten made somewhere in the German speaking world.

76fbb24d1546f38520035ab3c0dbad8d.jpg

A Panizza made by Falcus. 80's-ish I believe. Great quality componenrs and workmanship. Looks like I knocked the crease a little cattywompus as I carried it downstairs to be photographed.

2c9245715c34fceb72fa95ab132263d9.jpg

A John Batterson made in America in the 50's. In a Trachten style. Has the most unique felt in both finish and flex of all my hats. Like a super-duper short shorn velour to the touch, and an almost elastic-y feel when snapping the brim down.

3d50b67601e4654ca63883f3376272a7.jpg

Tonak Seal Velour from Czechoslovakia, made in the 50's. A long, luxurious nap to this felt makes it softer than most plush stuffed animals. One of the higher forms an atomic age hare could aspire to become.

d948f1a51ec362ada22f61b46342ef6e.jpg

This 50's Lee Doe-Sheen Fifteen White Label is a favorite.

aca0fb04d392b9ad8a06cba78ea85f77.jpg

And this '53-'55 Stetson Whippet has been all over the forum since last Friday.

5cb06d4b7eba9eba8915aab27d7068a6.jpg

Always glad to be a good Californian and promote a greener lifestyle!:)