Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Plus Size Vintage

xitsvivx

Familiar Face
Lady Day said:
Those gals are wearing a corset most likely, and in what I call the 'model pose' to show nothing of their creases and crevices.
They look to have a deeper figure as opposed to a wider figure which I can relate to. They do look awesome though.

LD

THIS, definately.

I saw the blonde pinupgirlclothing model (La Cholita) perform a burlesque act recently.. and she does not have that natural smooooothe hourglass figure w/o the help of a corset. You could tell that she had a lil somethin hiding under it.

what I find kind of off-putting about PUG plus size bathing suit pics... are that YOU KNOW those girls are wearing corsets or some sort of shapewear underneath. makes us think we'll all look that great in a swim suit =(

Puzzicato

One Too Many
xitsvivx said:
THIS, definately.

I saw the blonde pinupgirlclothing model (La Cholita) perform a burlesque act recently.. and she does not have that natural smooooothe hourglass figure w/o the help of a corset. You could tell that she had a lil somethin hiding under it.

what I find kind of off-putting about PUG plus size bathing suit pics... are that YOU KNOW those girls are wearing corsets or some sort of shapewear underneath. makes us think we'll all look that great in a swim suit =(

I certainly don't look as good as the models when I wear mine (I have this one http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/cherry-swimsuit-retro-one-piece.html ) but it is the most flattering swimming costume I've owned since I got bigger. Really shows up the good bits and hides the other bits.

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
xitsvivx said:
THIS, definately.

I recently found out about her as she was on the cover of Skorch magazine! She is fantastic and very pretty!

For those interested, you can find the article here: http://skorchblog.blogspot.com/

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
:eek: Love this mag! I have never seen a mag that was geared towards plus sized girls. I have felt kind of hopeless now that I have a size 20. I kinda gave up on pretty. That mag makes me feel so much better!

aylsarose

New in Town
How to get the 'Look' for Plus size girls?

I love the retro style but am finding it near to impossible to find things for a girl whose size 20 in now a day sizes. The retro stores near me carry 'some' plus size clothes up to a 2X but even they fit small, especially in the chest area.

This is all fairly new to me so would love some guidance. Are the certian outfits that are more flattering than other for an apple shaped body?

I would gladly order online but it would need to be somewhere that takes Paypal and ships to Canada.

Thank you for all the knowledge you have shared on this site. Im learning so much.

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Goddess Mama-i sympathise with the mum tum or my vw bonnet as i call itlol .I've had 4 kids so my body is nowhere near what it used to be.
I have been looking at these ones http://www.ragoshapewear.com/html/shapette.shtml,i've heard alot of the ladies on here praise the rago range & i'm considering either the all in one,which i think Inky might have,or the open bottom girdle with garter straps plus a longline bra.
I have actually worn a 60's girdle & longline bra before i went up another size & i have to say they are fantastic.Honestly they make such a huge difference when wearing vintage or even modern clothing.My bulging stomach almost completely dissapears,i know they aren't that sexy but once you put on your dress etc over the top you will feel sexy because all the bumps & bulges are smoothed out & i know when i look in the mirror & see that i feel so much more attractive.:)

zendy

A-List Customer
Mrs Cleaver said:
i know they aren't that sexy but once you put on your dress etc over the top you will feel sexy because all the bumps & bulges are smoothed out & i know when i look in the mirror & see that i feel so much more attractive.:)

But shape wear, especially vintage/ vintage style, IS sexy.

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
Alot of them are ,yes but the particular rago items i was referring to are more functionel than sexy ,i think, & Goddess Mamma had said that she didn't want an "ugly" one so i was pointing out that the rago all in one for example may not be super sexy but it makes up for it once you put your clothes on top:)

helenhighwater

Familiar Face
I'm surprised by the PUG pics of La Cholita - she must be wearing a corset because her waistline looks very different in this picture:

tiki6.jpg

(but she's really cute though!)

Speaking of which... Nicole Katherine Designs/Betty Buccaneer do plus size. They go up to 52/44/55.
http://www.nicolekatherine.com/

(I stock that Tiki dress up to that size too. The trouble is with plus size though that bodies don't necessarily increase in size neatly - I was 47/44/49 a few months ago so the NKD would've been a strange fit!)

palespider

One of the Regulars
helenhighwater said:
I'm surprised by the PUG pics of La Cholita - she must be wearing a corset because her waistline looks very different in this picture:

tiki6.jpg

(but she's really cute though!)

Speaking of which... Nicole Katherine Designs/Betty Buccaneer do plus size. They go up to 52/44/55.
http://www.nicolekatherine.com/

(I stock that Tiki dress up to that size too. The trouble is with plus size though that bodies don't necessarily increase in size neatly - I was 47/44/49 a few months ago so the NKD would've been a strange fit!)

its known that she wears squeem shapewear and most of her pictures are from the front only (PUG), so the shapewear gives a nice hour glass look but by any shots not directly forward, shows thickness (i have one and love it)

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
I can't get it to upload the image, but here is a pic of La Lolita (as Jayne Mansfield) in the infamous photo of Sophia Loren staring down Jayne's breasts! Here.

Here is one of her by Jayne's Pink Lincoln!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy