Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poor's man hat block... video

jpbales

Practically Family
nice

good job making the form on that! :eusa_clap What I did after finishing mine was put 3 coats of polyurethane on top of the foam. I've ironed on it (while the straw hat was wet) and it seemed to hold up fine, and it's fairly strong- but if you push too hard it will still let the foam get dented. The good thing is that I can always fill in little dents with wood filler then put some more polyurethane on top :D Hopefully the more poly the stronger. Nice job though!

Boodles

A-List Customer
Very nice

Thanks for taking time to video and then post this for us to see. If I attempted to carve something like the crease you chiseled out, mine would end up looking as if I had done it with a shotgun.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Sir! What an amazing job, Sir!

And even though I'm a guitarist who knows how to use his fingers (at least that), I never cease to be stunned by what some people can do with their hands!

I'm with Boodles. Give me a flamethrower, and maybe, just maybe I'll manage to light your cigar... Speaking of cigars: have one! :D

Again: great job! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany