Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre- 1940s Stetson dress hats.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
star1.jpg

star7.jpg

Just SPECTACULAR!! That hat looks 100 times better from your photos than that of the auction pics. I love the Fray sweatband and just like other Frays that we have seen on the lounge, looks like it has held up beautifully through time. I wonder what sealant was used to let the leather not dry out while at the same time be able to wick away sweat.
The sweatband stamp is incredible and one that I have not seen on the lounge before. WONDERFUL find!
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Thanks again, Josh and Al. Randall, I'm not much into body ink - doing fine with age spots... but I have a couple of daughters who would be all over the idea. Let's keep it between friends, OK?

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Simply wow! Wish I would find a hat like that.

Thanks Rudie. I wish this one fit me. Its a 6 7/8 and with the unreeded sweatband, its not getting any head time. The threads have already started to let go and I'm sure if I try to jam it down on my size 7 head, when I take the hat off, the sweatband will most likely remain on my forehead.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
That's a bummer! I imagine you feel like I did when I found out that my Stetson was misrepresented and is way too large for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic