Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre 65 suit??? Still Learning..

more military 009.jpg more military 006.jpg more military 007.jpg more military 008.jpg more military 009.jpg

Hi Folks

I found this suit at a church sale. Any idea on the circa date, My guess was pre 65 however I am no expert and trying to learn.The labels are Broadhead & Graves finest English worsted and Crossbred Exclusive Trading Tex Ltd..

Button up fly however no buttons for suspenders.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread...

Thank you and best regards.

CCJ

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
A good photo of the suit front (best photograph it laying flat on the floor) would certainly be helpful.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
CCJ: A shot of the front of the jacket (especially showing the lapels) would be useful. The trouser pleats look like they are outward facing i.e. American. Is there a Union label inside the jacket pockets? If so, have a look at that and compare it to the union label guide that Dinerman produced.

From what i can see so far, i would guess late fifties to early sixties.

No union label found. I will inspect further tomorrow.

A quick google search of Broadhead & Graves indicates they stopped production in 1964..

Regards

CCJ

CCJ: A shot of the front of the jacket (especially showing the lapels) would be useful. The trouser pleats look like they are outward facing i.e. American. Is there a Union label inside the jacket pockets? If so, have a look at that and compare it to the union label guide that Dinerman produced.

From what i can see so far, i would guess late fifties to early sixties.

Hi Two Types

I will get better pics out tomorrow/later today..
Thank you Sir.

CCJ

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@Countryclubjoe

A photo of the front of the jacket, just laying flat and closed would be interesting.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Hi

See pic #6, No buttons on the trousers to support suspenders... That seems odd for the era.
Regards
CCJ

Not especially, since it has belt loops. Watch pocket on each side of the trousers is interesting. Check underneath the rear trouser seam and under the side seams for a label.

vintage plade suit 006.jpg vintage plade suit 007.jpg vintage plade suit 008.jpg vintage plade suit 010.jpg vintage plade suit 012.jpg vintage plade suit 013.jpg vintage plade suit 014.jpg

Hi Folks

The suit jacket, I could not find any union labels..
I hope the pics help.

The jacket appears original with no alterations.

Thanks again folks.

Any interest from my fellow loungers on this suit before it goes to ebay.
There are some small moth bites on the trousers and jacket. If you need measurements please advise.
I will take $60.00 shipping included.. I don't have the time to get this suit back into proper wearing shape.
Thank you and best regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic