Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Preserving Lipsticks

Serena

New in Town
Just when you find the perfect lipstick it seems almost inevitable that the company discontinue it :cry: so at times I have had an urge to buy 5 of a particular colour I love especially if it is a limited edition, so I was wondering if any of you ladies know of a good way to store lipstick long term?

I have heard of putting lipstick in the refrigerator or freezer but am not sure if this would damage the product. Has anyone tried this?

Marla

A-List Customer
Putting the lipstick in a refrigerator works very well, especially if you put it into a ziplock bag. I too buy multiples of the same lipstick to save in case it is discontinued. I've never tried putting lipstick in the freezer, though.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think the refrigerator is fine, but I wouldn't risk the freezer. It could change the texture a lot. Have you ever frozen cheese? It just is not a good thing. The fats seem to separate into clumps. I would be afraid of the same thing happening to the lipstick.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I agree with refrigerating lipsticks. If not, storing them in a cool, dark place will help them last a while. If you keep them in your purse, in the bathroom, or in a case that sits in the sun, they will inevitably melt.

Yes, there is a science to make-up! lol

fhiggs

New in Town
I keep some of mine in the freezer, especially my discontinued MAC mattene lipsticks, so far I haven't had any problems, just a little strange putting it on your lips until it warms up a little!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails