Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Press photographers and Fedoras

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I of course almost always wear a nice vintage fedora and have been an avid photographer for years.
I finally picked up a 1948 Graflex Speedgraphic which was the staple of press photographers of that era.
Does anyone have pics or good reference photos of the press passes most photograhers would stick in their fedoras?
I'd love to recreate some to use when out doing photo shoots in my vintage attire and Speedgraphic camera.
Thanks!

Erick

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Hi Gearhead,
You know, I've searched high and low for quite some time and have never been able to to find any. The closest I've ever come was this press badge,

40399585.jpg

which is really cool but not something you would stick in the fedora band.
Apparently the San Francisco Police would issue these for crime scene photographers.

I hope someone here at the Lounge knows more about them.

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Hopefully Matt will pop in with some good shots of it then.
I've seen similar badges a couple of times as most press passes aren't really real unless issued by the police.
You always see them in the movies so I figured it would be easy enough to come by one to use as a template but no luck so far and I've searched everything from google to ebay.

Erick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn