Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Pretty in Pink" in the Golden Age

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Miss1934, I presume you wouldn't have the film take place in high school anymore. What would your storyline be?

BegintheBeguine, I like the roadhouse idea. So, would Judy Holiday own the roadhouse?

Some of my additional ideas are: young Robert Stack as Blane and title song by Benny Goodman. Duckie dances to "Is You Is or Is You Ain't My Baby" or "Jukebox Saturday Night" in the record store.

Sincerely,
THE
___WOLF

miss1934

Familiar Face
Idea!!!

Okay so I have been brainstorming this instead of doing my work for the last 20 mins. what do you think of setting it in an office building? okay, give it a chance, Gene and James Spader take the elevator out of the building everyday at the same time because he works late alone and he slave driving boss has he stay after. soon he has it timed so that he can walk out of the building everyday. william powell is the elevator boy as ducky and chats merrily with gene while James stands there almost embarassed by the awkward social difference between the lovely gene and ducky and him. Gene and william grew up together but gene worked in school and went on to become a secretary. She is the secretary for James spader's good friend ( the vile one in the film). so him dating her is even more awkward as the friend views her as his slave. what do you think? this would also include the upper class party he takes her too, as the rich were going through that early period of flamboyancy through 30, 31 and 21. I have high hopes for this. any suggestions for the james spader role and his friend? and how about molly's friend and the record store becomes a waitress at a local diner, that would explain her working in the scenes where molly is picked up from the store and the firend always busy and all. I apologize in advance for this being so poorly and confusingly written.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran