Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Price of GAS $$$$

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Compared with Gasoline

Think a gallon of gas is expensive?
This makes one think, and also puts things in
perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 . $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ...........$9.52 per
gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 . $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 . $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 . $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 . $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 . .. $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .......$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..........$21.19 per gallon?!
$21.19 for WATER - and the buyers don't even know the source.
(Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

so, the next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't run on water, Scope, or Whiteout, or God forbid Pepto Bismal or Nyquil.

>
>
>
>
> Just a little humor to help ease the pain of your :jeep:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
BellyTank said:
Do people ever drink tap water in the US?

Only if it's run through a filter first. Seems like anyplace lived the past ten years, they put too much chlorine in the water. I hate to raise a glass of water to my mouth to drink, only to have the damn thing smell like a swimming pool!

Brad

D

Deleted member 259

BellyTank said:
Do people ever drink tap water in the US?
-Just wondering...

BT.

I do, but I grew up with city water, so i'm accustomed to the taste - bottled water does seem "crisp" - i can't really think of a better word.

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
NYC tap water is among the best in the country, and has ALWAYS been good enough for me.

PS - Bull Semen is one of the most expensive products per oz. on earth, but I'll be damned if I'm going to try to get my car to run on it ;)

farnham54

A-List Customer
Guybrush,

I don't think there's enough money in the WORLD that would make me want the job of collecting that, so I can see why it's so expensive! :)

Apologies if that's a bit off color,

Cheers
Craig

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
Brad Bowers said:
Seems like anyplace lived the past ten years, they put too much chlorine in the water. I hate to raise a glass of water to my mouth to drink, only to have the damn thing smell like a swimming pool!

Here in Fort Worth, they are in the process of converting over to ozone instead of chlorine to disinfect the water. I have noticed that water from the tap here does not taste as bad as it does in other cities I have visited - but I still don't drink it without putting it through a filter first.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Dismuke, cool, I'm a neighbor to you (Arlington). My grandparents used to live in Granbury (south of FW) and the water wasn't even clear and the chlorine smell and taste was very distinct. I wouldn't ever drink it. Looked like Alcaseltzer tablets had been dropped in there.

SappySwami

Familiar Face
And imagine if gasoline wasn't subsidized, we'd pay about 5 bucks a gallon. Yeesh.

I've heard in Brazil there are cars that can run on gas, cane sugar alcohol, and some other fuel. I think that would be really cool. If just so you could say your car runs on sugar. :p

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
I have read where, in order to have supply/demand curves meet, gasoline will level out around $7.00 a gallon US.
I guess when that happens, I'll be spending a lot of time sitting in my back yard. At least I can look at my reflection in my little pond and thinking that if gas gets any higher, I'll be pouring Jim Beam in the tank. Ohhh no...!

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
I don't believe gas is subsidized. There are however, Federal and local gas taxes. Federal tax is about 20 cents per gallon, different regions and cities add their own taxes to that. If the government stopped taxing it, gas prices would of course be lower. Even so, we are lucky that our taxes are relatively low for gas. In Europe, gas taxes are far, far higher.

Dismuke

One of the Regulars
ITG said:
Dismuke, cool, I'm a neighbor to you (Arlington). My grandparents used to live in Granbury (south of FW) and the water wasn't even clear and the chlorine smell and taste was very distinct. I wouldn't ever drink it. Looked like Alcaseltzer tablets had been dropped in there.

Gee - it is neat that there are others from the area here!

Part of the reason why your grandparents water tasted so bad probably was due to the fact that Granbury is on the Brazos River which has a much higher saline content than does the Trinity and the other rivers in East Texas that supply the Fort Worth/Dallas area with water. The saline levels are not so high as to make it unsafe to drink - but it can have a negative impact on its taste.

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
I could get a horse and a buggy like the good old days but the price of feeding one has gone up too. Feed the car/feed the horse. Both can take a sh*t on you. I guess in a way the need to travel has always been a pain in the butt. :jeep:

JenLyn

New in Town
The water where we live has a definite chlorine smell to it. We bought a filter pitcher shortly after we moved here. The water on the base is so nasty that nearly everyone buys bottled or uses filters. The only place the water tasted halfway decent was at the hospital. My husband used to take bottles to work everyday until we found a water bottle with a filter in it for him.

JenLyn

New in Town
Where I grew up, in central MO, has great water, never needed a pitcher. We're building a house and will have a well - the water tastes great straight from the tap! It must be something about this area that just overchlorinates it.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Water is fine in Tennessee too, as most of our water is spring fed through limestone. That's why there are so many whiskey and bourbon distilleries throughout Tennessee and Kentucky. Regards! Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner