Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Problems with Private Messages here

Monsoon

A-List Customer
Has anyone had problems with PMs here?

I've sent out two about two weeks ago with no replies. The individuals that they are going to are regular members here and it shows they haven't been opened.

Just wondering what might be up. I mean, it's not like I sent, "Hey, does this flight jacket make my butt look big?" pics. ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Most of us get email notifications of an incoming Message sent here. I am guilty of reading them in the email and taking my merry time about actually opening them here.

emigran

Practically Family
guilty as charged... I had a PM from a Lounger whom I admire that lay unopened for two months... actually didn't know it was there. What I noticed about FL is that it seems not too many folks here fill out their profiles or make "friends" as is often done on other forums... No biggie but I did feel rather silly not answering an iquiry sent to me from a fellow Lounger...

GHT

I'll Lock Up
What I noticed about FL is that it seems not too many folks here fill out their profiles or make "friends" as is often done on other forums... No biggie but I did feel rather silly not answering an iquiry sent to me from a fellow Lounger...

The reason that I don't fill out a profile in any sort of detail is because it seems to me to be trivial. People are busy, why on earth would they ever want to know about me? But then again, there are those sinister sort, mortgage brokers, employers, credit assessors and such like, who deliberately set up a friendly sounding forum name, post a few times, but then, with membership, are able to snoop on members via their profile.

As for befriending someone that I have never met, just makes you a target for the friend collectors. I have a God-daughter who proudly told me that she had just got her 10,000th 'friend' on Facebook. "How many sent you Christmas cards?" I asked. The blank stare told me that we were worlds apart. My friends are real people, I would like to meet some loungers, and to that end, we are saving our pennies to see if we can get to the Queen Mary gathering later in the year.

Monsoon

A-List Customer
I have a God-daughter who proudly told me that she had just got her 10,000th 'friend' on Facebook. "How many sent you Christmas cards?" I asked. The blank stare told me that we were worlds apart.

Surprised she didn't say, "Wow, you mean you actually can MAIL a Christmas card? Like, made of paper and everything?";)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran