Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prohibition

fashion frank

One Too Many
Funny how things have a way ....

18th Amendment passed, 16 January 1919

newspaper1.jpg

I think what might escape some people is that there was a period in this country when pot was actually legal and booze was not , kinda strange when you think about it.

Nowadays there are more states looking to make legal the recreational use of marihuana.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Until about 1910 everything was legal. You could walk into a drug store and buy a tube of heroin tablets for $2 without a prescription. Many patent medicines contained heroin, cocaine, morphine, opium, strychnine and arsenic.

This, ah, caused a few problems.

Certain drugs were made prescription only, not because we never tried legalizing drugs but because we did.

Story

I'll Lock Up

Penrose had a great habit, whenever he opened a new bottle of liquor he wrote on the label. He inscribed where, when and with whom he had opened it

Sounds like he was doing that based on his attorney's advice. :D

Very interesting!! Thank you for posting!:eusa_clap

Awww, you always say that about my links. Thanks back atchya!

Now have another

When Matt Feeney bought it 1891 Victorian on Osage Street, it needed some TLC. So, he started to knock out the walls, and the walls started to talk.

"So, as we're knocking out the walls, hitting right here, we're smelling matches, as if they're constantly being lit," said Matt Feeney.

Feeney said he discovered a row of matches buried in plaster in the wall.

"I ended up following what I'm calling a fuse from the matches," said Feeney. "It went behind the cabinets, and it led to these canvas packets, taped up against the wall."

Feeney is convinced his new residence had been rigged to burn.

"I think it was booby-trapped," said Feeney. "I think that might have been a way for them to quickly make a distraction at a minimum."

Read more: http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/na...trapped-secret-mobster-hideaway#ixzz2DYHmo4GT

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner