Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

proper fit question for Schott-length, ride up

garzo

One of the Regulars
I have a 184 SM regular size 46 (not long) that does not really have a tight waistband and I wish it did. The waist band seems to be nearly as wide as the leather jacket itself and instead of pulling in the bottom of the jacket, it just seems to be a knitted skirt around the edge of the leather without creating that necessary pull that makes gives it that bottleneck look. I like the jacket and this is my third Schott 184SM, but I have the feeling that the Long version might do a better job of providing a tight waistband at the bottom of the jacket. The regular size jacket is a very short jacket and without that really tight waistband, it can easily end up looking like a leather lampshade.

Coffee - you kill me! I've been thinning the closet, and I sold three in the last two weeks. It just "happened" over time. As my tastes grew, I just didn't take the time to thin out the closet.
But you're right - I dropped 35lbs this year, and I can't believe how much better everything is - including jackets. That's also why I have to sell some - they no longer fit... :)

too much coffee

Practically Family
35lbs in what.....10 months. That's real good. How'd you do it?

I've got to let 10 - 12lbs go myself. Trouble is when I quit smoking 3 years ago, food just took on a whole new priority. Everything just tasted so much better.

When I recuperate from that dang back fusion surgery, I'll hit the exercise routine with a new found vengence.

When's your Normandy et al trip? Have a great time over there!

Regards,
coffee

7.5 months. Major changes, but now I'm settled, it's easy. Started by watching This movie at my daughters request - she's in med school and obsessed with health now. I was never "fat" but at 6'-4", I could hide that 35 lbs easily. I now need to get back to the gym (I've been jogging/hiking/walking a lot) but I too have a bad back. Two herniated disks at the lower end and sciatica. Probably comes from trying to be Evel Knievel all my life...
We go to Normandy, UK, and Scotland on Thanskgiving day (also my son's birthday where I give him his Aero B3 surprise). I'm picking my new 50's HBD up from Amanda and crew in person. I'm totally excited!!! Thanks for the wishes = sorry to the OP for the severe threadjack :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany