Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Public Displays of Affection

HadleyH said:
Oh Lizzie :( ... say it ain't so..... only at the end of every World War???? :p lol
Like I said, in my book anytime you come home from a life-and death situation (especially a tour in a war-zone), that buys you a bit of slack in my book. (That may just be because my idea of a Conquering Hero's Welcome Home isn't a tickertape, but rather the leading lady of my life* throwing her arms around me as soon as I'm off the plane...)
*Should anyone ever fill the role, that is...

----------------
Now playing: John Barry - Gunbarrel/Manhunt
via FoxyTunes

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Like I said, in my book anytime you come home from a life-and death situation (especially a tour in a war-zone), that buys you a bit of slack in my book. (That may just be because my idea of a Conquering Hero's Welcome Home isn't a tickertape, but rather the leading lady of my life* throwing her arms around me as soon as I'm off the plane...)
*Should anyone ever fill the role, that is...

When I got home from Iraq, my sister was waiting for me at the airport, waving an American flag. It was a great moment, but she was hardly the female needed for a testosterone-induced hug and kiss.:( Oh, well, maybe next time...What am I saying! I ain't doing another hitch!:eek: ...

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Note that elsewhere at FL there was a thread posting a quiz that was supposed to tell how good a husband was.

A hubby got bonus points for giving his wife "movie kisses" rather than "a peck on the cheek."

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
Note that elsewhere at FL there was a thread posting a quiz that was supposed to tell how good a husband was.

A hubby got bonus points for giving his wife "movie kisses" rather than "a peck on the cheek."

.. and extra extra points if they dip 'n kiss lol pecks are for aunts and grandmothers!

Story

I'll Lock Up
Tomasso said:
I guess I'd vote sex over violence, as well.

I think we need MORE sax and violins on TV! Bring back Ed Sullivan!
1litella.jpg

Widebrim said:
What am I saying! I ain't doing another hitch!:eek: ...

Amen to that one.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso said:

Aww, what a wonderful picture :) So passionate.

As said, there is a definite line when it comes to PDA... Theres the kind that makes you go "aww," and the kind that makes you want to fork out your eyeballs.

Feraud

Bartender
Miss Neecerie said:
Too many variables in this...

Bad pastrami might be worse then some....

Good pastrami might totally eclipse others.......

and a whole bunch in between where the meat might not be better then the meat.....
OMG! Now that made me laugh! lol

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Miss Neecerie said:
Too many variables in this...

Bad pastrami might be worse then some....

Good pastrami might totally eclipse others.......

and a whole bunch in between where the meat might not be better then the meat.....

Bravo!! lol lol

klind65

One of the Regulars
Paisley said:
I think there was a thread on this that is now closed.
Yes, this has happened to me several times :eek: I have learned now about searching for topics which have been previously posted and will make use of it. Still, I hope you will be understanding of the honest mistakes of a well-meaning neophyte. Thanks.

klind65

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
I grew up in a culture where it just wasn't done. No questions asked, it just wasn't done. Even today, when I see people all clingy-feely in the street, I know they aren't from around here.

It's one of those things I just deal with, though -- like the dreadful spectacle of grown men walking the streets in short pants, it's one of those unspeakable things that's just part and parcel of the modern world, and I just mind my own business and look the other way.
I appreciate your comments and feelings. I grew up in a small city as well and as you say, it "simply wasn't done". I really miss that code, that overlay of politesse ( based on a common understanding of propriety) that seems to have "gone with the wind".:) I also agree with your repudiation of grown men wearing short pants in public. There appears to be a nascent phenomenon of supposed "mature" adults dressing and acting like children. I call it the cult of infantilism. I wonder if it is a global aberration or only a local problem.:(

klind65

One of the Regulars
C-dot said:
Aww, what a wonderful picture :) So passionate.

As said, there is a definite line when it comes to PDA... Theres the kind that makes you go "aww," and the kind that makes you want to fork out your eyeballs.
I agree, there are nuances.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy