Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Puffy eyes!

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ok Ladies....I need ideas for helping out my sadly puffy eyes.

I live about 10 min from one front of the large fire in LA, and so have a house filled with smoke....an outside filled with smoke..etc.

I have been taking my antihistamines like a good girl....but any ideas for help with the cosmetic side of the puffy eyes?

Besides the tea bag, cold spoon remedies are there any other things that work...?

The Art Deco QM event starts on Friday and I would like to have a chance at not looking like I have been punched in the eyes......

ideas?

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
DHC products are wonderful and Paisley's recommendation is a good one.

I have been using H2O Plus's Night Oasis Overnight Eye Complex both day and night and I really like it.

Another good tip: If you have an eye gel that you're using, store it in the refrigerator so that it's nice and cooling when you use it!

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I have a gel filled sleeping mask that I keep in the freezer. You can get them at Shopper's Drug Mart (or Walgreen's for the US). Sometimes mine get so puffy, I lose peripheral vision, and this works like a charm.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Ooo good thread!! I use the roller ball thing for normal morning puffiness.
We're getting the smoke blown over this way, oiy!! Headaches and puffy eyes for me!
A friend of mine is having horrid sinus probs.

V

Violeta

Any one here use those roller things I"ve seen at Target? Olay has some...I think Garnier too, I'm curious if they work. Although I have the gel mask and cucumber, I can try that before purchasing anything...

V

Violeta

I just noticed that a few of you do use those roller thingies (oops!) What brands do you use? How long have you used them? How have they worked for you? Thanks :)

RebeccaMUA

One of the Regulars
I'd stick with the rollerball eye gel you have Miss Neecerie and then purchase a gel eye mask (they sell them at CVS for like $3) and stick it in the freezer as someone mentioned. If you can use your roller ball and then the eye mask once in the morning and once at night for about 10-15 minutes, that should help reduce lots of the puffiness. Good luck!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I have never heard of these eye rollers. They're like a gel or cream with a roller? Do the metal balls tug at the sensitive eye skin at all?

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I have the Garnier one...and no...it does not tug..its wet enough that it rolls....and its cool because of the metal ball....

So far it does seem to be at least contributing to the relief....not sure about long term non puffyness..(ie heredity etc...) since current issue is allergy to smoke related...hehe..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy