Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quartermaster Inspector (De Brabander Mfg.) - B10, B15, any experience?

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Has anybody ever bought anything from this company? They have a big eBay presence as well as selling via their own website. They sell a lot of replica uniforms and equipment, with a couple of US flight jackets thrown into the mix.

Not much info on them around here...the products are apparently made in China and are clearly built to a price - I'm not expecting uber high quality here - but if they're not rubbish then this could be a good budget option.

Interestingly, it looks like they have supplied more 'mundane' items of uniform for various movies - shirts, caps and so on - including Fury, Red Tails and most notably Band of Brothers.

Interesting products amongst others include their B-10 and B-15, as well as an N1 deck jacket.

Any thoughts?

CBI

One Too Many
the B-10 is too short waisted to be a practical wearer. a problem with this brand/maker

Brettafett

One Too Many
I tried on their jackets earlier this year at Duxford... They were almost neighbouring with Eastman ;)
A-2s and M422as were ok, thick leather and stiff, not bad. B-10 and B-15s were ok, for the price, but all jackets felt a touch short, yes... didn't like the lining on the cloth jackets (can't recall what it was... scratchy)... Cut was.... ok... Quality seemed... ok.
For the price... not bad, worth a chance and at least you won't be 'precious' with them.

Brettafett

One Too Many
Hi there, well Id say the AVI jackets are more authentic and certainly comfortable out of the box... At the current prices, hard to go wrong.

arkadijs

Familiar Face
My friend received from them a jacket A 2 (horsehide). Also I haven't derived pleasure.
Doubtful quality and tailoring... Purchase of such jacket is a big compromise!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy