Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick Book Review: Take Ivy, The Trad Bible ...

speedmaster

New in Town
Slightly OT, but I thought some of you guys might like it. ;-)

Quick Book Review: Take Ivy, The Trad Bible

"Take Ivy is a coffee table book that was just released a couple of weeks ago. I pre-ordered it early in the summer and have been waiting. It's actually a reprint of a Japanese book from 1965. Take Ivy turned into a Trad/Prep men's style Bible of sorts, the final word on what defines the American Prep style of the 1960s and beyond. It's mostly photographs of Ivy League college campuses from 1965, all candids. There is accompanying commentary throughout. There is also a brief reference with respect to what makes up the Trad/Prep style along with some history of the eight Ivy-League schools."

speedmaster

New in Town
Thanks. It's pretty interesting and a fun book to have, but I don't think it actually teaches us much that we didn't already know about the topic. Then again, now that it's so cheap I found it easy to justify getting a copy. ;-)

Hemingway Jones said:
What do you think of it? That is the most valuable information for me. I've seen the book and have considered buying it.
Also, I'm moving this to the Reading Room?

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Just ordered it; I like the pictures and pretty much every tradly blog is raving. I thought I'd be fun for the money at any rate. I'll give a full review once I get it in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran