Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rabbit's May Sale

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Special SALE prices on the following hats. Your chance to grab some exquisite felts for a bargain. All prices include worldwide shipping from Germany

For more pictures, see the other threads as referenced (or use the links in my signature).

Size 7 1/8 (generous), 5.5" x 2 3/4" Stetson OR-style Twenty-Five late 1940s/ early 50s $150

StetsonOR25late40s-early50ssilverbelly_zps94624f98.jpg

more pics

Size 7 1/8 (generous), 5.5" x 2 3/8+" Knox Twenty charcoal w/ 22 ligne black late 1940s/ early 1950s: $145 ***SOLD locally***

Knox-Twenty_charcoal_zps8a2b67cb.jpg

more pics

Size 7 1/8 (true to size), 5.5" x 2 5/8" Victor Custom Hatter Dallas Milan late1950s: $75 ***SOLD***
The ribbon is not sewn (or otherwise fixed) to the crown; it's tight enough to hold all by itself and can also be easily replaced. I have vintage ribbon in several colors if you want some for this Milan. No extra charge. :)

VictorCustomhats1950sMilan_zps55afd336.jpg

more pics

Size 7 1/8 (generous, would also fit a small 7 1/4), 5.5" x 2 1/2" Mallory Aristocrat Quality dark brown 1950s: $105 ***SOLD***

more pics

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Now, let's get on with those temptations. Two more hats today, a 1950s Resistol Melorol and a late 30s/earliest 40s Stetson Special.

Size 7 1/4" (small, fits an in-between size 7 1/8 - 7 1/4) 5.5" x 2 1/2" Stetson Special Homburg midnight blue with black trimmings, late 30s/earliest 40s $155.-

This one is completely mint. It's like walking into a store back in the late 30s and buying a new hat. The market for Homburgs is not as tough as the market for Fedoras, but this one deserves some attention.
The felt color is a true midnight blue. It looks close to black under low light, and very dark navy in sunlight. Interestingly enough, the black trimmings do not produce a contrast. Rather, the hat has a most subtle look that would have been impossible to achieve with blue trimmings.
The sweatband imprint and the contrast bow is sheer beauty. The liner is made of a rather unusual material, it feels like a version of silk that has an extremely dry hand.
Note the tightly arranged stitching row of the sweatband.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Another hat for sale is this Resistol Melorol. The color is a perfect shade of medium grey, with 19 ligne ( 1 3/4") black ribbon. The name of the model Melorol (= mellow roll) refers to the stitching method used on the sweatband. The reed is "mellowed" by stitches that go over it, cushioning the sweatband edge.
The construction really feels very comfortable.
An equally interesting and rather seldom seen feature is the backfolded bound brim; see the images in the second post for details.
The hat is in very good condition with the exception of a couple of very superficial moth tracks at the front just where the brim break is (see pics if you can find them). They never bothered me; you have to look very close to see them.

7 1/8 (generous) 5.5" x 2 1/2" Resistol Melorol mid grey w/ 19 L black 1950s $175.-

The first image is very color accurate. It's medium grey on the cool side of the color spectrum - not a warm shade but not a conspicuously bluish cast either. A nicely balanced color.

with center dent only, no diamond crown:

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Details of the magnificent backfolded bound brim - the edge binding is stitched to the upper side, then folded back on itself over the brim edge, and sewn further inward at the bottom side, resulting in a stitch row that is functional for the bottom side, but decorative for the upper side of the brim.

Brim bottom:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Still available are:

Size 7 1/8 (generous), 5.5" x 2 3/4" Stetson OR-style Twenty-Five late 1940s/ early 50s $150

Size 7 1/4" (small, fits an in-between size 7 1/8 - 7 1/4) 5.5" x 2 1/2" Stetson Special Homburg midnight blue with black trimmings, late 30s/earliest 40s $155.-

Size 7 1/8 (generous) 5.5" x 2 1/2" Resistol Melorol mid grey w/ 19 L black 1950s $175.-

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The Resistol Melorol is SOLD for $160 shipped, pending payment.

Edit: ... and SOLD.

Last edited:

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Is the midnight blue stetson still available?
Now, let's get on with those temptations. Two more hats today, a 1950s Resistol Melorol and a late 30s/earliest 40s Stetson Special.

This one is completely mint. It's like walking into a store back in the late 30s and buying a new hat. The market for Homburgs is not as tough as the market for Fedoras, but this one deserves some attention.
The felt color is a true midnight blue. It looks close to black under low light, and very dark navy in sunlight. Interestingly enough, the black trimmings do not produce a contrast. Rather, the hat has a most subtle look that would have been impossible to achieve with blue trimmings.
The sweatband imprint and the contrast bow is sheer beauty. The liner is made of a rather unusual material, it feels like a version of silk that has an extremely dry hand.
Note the tightly arranged stitching row of the sweatband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80