Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Radios for sale.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Ok fellow lounge members I am starting to get crowed a bit in my place here. I need to let a few of my radios go. I have a list of items I'm going to part with.

1. 1948 Packard Bell white bakelite table model. Two knobs, standard broadcast, handle on top with strong streamlined lines. Not working and dial needs to be fixed. Small hair line crack on top.

2. 1936-37 RCA? (Not sure on this set) but, it's all there and needs complete restoration. Needs wood work and an electrical restoration. Chassis is clean and ready to be fixed.

3. 1939 Philco Transitone table model. Two knobs, standard broadcast, dark brown bakelite cabinet in perfect condition! Not working, bad speaker, some rust on chassis. Clean dial and makes a great display radio.

If any of these sound good to any one, please contact me via PM and let me know which one you want to talk about. I'll discuss price with those who inquire. Photos will also be sent of radio sets when asked for.

All the best,

Root.

PS. I'm also offering these to who ever may come over to my house. So, this is a first come first serve sale. Thanks.

Wild Root

Gone Home
I have changed my mimd.

Ok, here are some photos to wet the appetite!

First is the mid or late 30's GE. (I thought this was an RCA, it's a GE).

1151540img1am.jpg

Now a back shot.

1151541img1bf.jpg

1948-49 Packard Bell ivory Bakelite.

1151542img7cp.jpg

Back shot.

1151543img2rl.jpg

Now the 1939 PHILCO Transitone.

1151544img0na.jpg

Back shot.

1151545img3ri.jpg

If any one wants more detail, I'll be happy to answer any questions in PM form.

Thanks for looking!

Root.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Root, I can't buy one of these, but out of curiousity, what does it take to get one running? I love to tinker with stuff like this.

Brad

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well Brad, one could get these working with out much. Just filter capacitors for the most part. There are online radio repair men that you can send these sets to and they'll fix them up right.

I'm not asking a whole lot for these since they are fixer-uppers. MK, you would be interested in the 30's GE? Well, since you’re a friend of mine and am grateful for all your hard work for keeping this great site up I'm willing to make you a deal. So, I'll PM you (I like to keep business privet) and I'll quote you the price plus S/H. A little about this set, it needs some wood work and one tube is shot. So, from what I can see you'll need to get the tubes tested and also a power cord seeing that the original has been cut off.
There is a large group of guys up in your area that collect radios MK. Just contact them and they will help you in any way they can.

Hope to hear from you soon MK!

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Going once, going twice...

Ok, I see that these are not as hot an item as I thought. I'll just take them to the trash. :p

I'll be taking these to a few antique shops by the weekend and if there is any one that have been thinking about some of these well, please let me know before that if you were wanting one. This is a limited time offer.

Root.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Hold it! Check your PMs. I've got a great radio repairman, he brought my '38 Airline floor model back to life a few weeks ago. Now I need an AM rebroadcaster so I can play anything that I want.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Root dear fellow...

IF I was living in the US, then I'd certainly entertain one of those wirelesses, but..sadly I'm well away from you. What a great offer to those wanting a piece of history. The white bakelite number is a beaut.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, I wish you were living here to Paddy. You would just love it with all the re-enactors and the aircraft museums here! I would offer you one of these radios and ship it over there but, I remembered that the power outlets are different and you guys run off of 220 volts and not the US 120 volts. So, these radios would just fry.

If you go to some of the flee markets you can find some great radios over there.

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
UP DATE!

Ok, well I have had some PM's. No serious offers yet. So, these aren't gonig to be around for much longer!

Place your price via PM and the GE will go to the highest bidder! (that seems to be the popular one)

Thanks again,

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
GE SOLD!

MK has agreed to buy the GE. So, the other two are still for sale. If there are no takers, then I'll just put them on ebay or something. Sure would like to have a few lounge members have them instead.

Root.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Two left!

Ok, I have these two radios left. I had a few takers but, I guess they didn't really want them when push came to shove.

Last two are:

1948 Packard Bell.

1151542img7cp.jpg

And 1939-40 Philco Transitone.

1151544img0na.jpg

I'm asking $100 for the two or $55. each.

If there is no one out there that want these two sets I'll be selling them at the Antique Mall I work at.

WR.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland