Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RAF Observer parachute harness

Fury964

Familiar Face
Hi one & all

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that is looking to sell an RAF Irvin Observer type parachute harness as I will be doing a photoshoot in the new year and my seat type parachute will not be appropriate.

If one is not available to purchase then any help with dimensions, construction, Webbing material and/or parts would be very welcome as I will look to make my own repro one. In fact it might be more fun to try and make one if I can source or make the parts. I do already have a QRB buckle.
If anyone has any experience of making one, then please get in touch, even if it is to say, "it's impossible, I've tried, don't waste your time".

Obviously I'm not looking for freebies (all though very welcome) and will pay if we can conclude a deal.

All help most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Rob.

Phantomfixer

Practically Family
For props and photo shoots they are easily made. Does the RAF harness use cotton with black trace thread or just a plain cotton webbing? Any sewing machine should be able to handle two thicknesses of webbing. I say this as my cheapo Brother machine did very easily...I used a needle and thread to tack any thicknesses over that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner