Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rainbow Country Single Rider

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I will agree that vest are more formal looking. And full leather ones don't layer well. Leather front ones works for layering, which is what I do. But it is more in the class room Henry Jones Sr look than the Indiana kicking ass in the field look.

livioli

Familiar Face
Rainbow Country fans! I believe there are many other ”RC” made jackets under different brands out there, other than the now discontinued FW.
View attachment 459408 View attachment 459409 View attachment 459410
Rainbowhawaii67 is Miyoshi Sans account. Yes I have been cyber stalking him. My sick obsession with his jackets. Not all Japanese jackets are on the same level. RC made jackets is on a totally separate level than everyone else as it seems. Greg maybe sewing the shell at his level but not the lining as for now.

The hunt for more RC made jackets continues...

Anyone with Fountainhead jackets care to share a detailed inside lining pic? Trying to find out if it’s High Large or RC. Or are they the same workshop?

I have the Long Hill coming and if it indeed turns out to be RC made it would’ve be the best deal for a RC jacket, for Xzip…. Will report back when I get it…
I heard that all RC jackets are hand-made by one master craftsman. Is that man Miyoshi San? I thought he was just the leather finisher. I would love to know who made my jacket.

cbez

One Too Many
I heard that all RC jackets are hand-made by one master craftsman. Is that man Miyoshi San? I thought he was just the leather finisher. I would love to know who made my jacket.
unlikely. they make a fairly high volume.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
unlikely. they make a fairly high volume.

It’s fun to watch the layers of conjecture upon conjecture that develop into universally-acknowledged truths on this forum. There have been many over the years.

Jonas_g

New in Town
This post is just a thank you post! This thread is one place among just a few other places that made me rotate towards Rainbow Country. Got it in late November when I was visiting Seoul, had been browsing the web beforehand and found a store that stocked RC. The owner of the store thought it would be too small for me and they had a “no trying policy” for leather jackets, but when I showed him my measurements (which I luckily had with me) he reluctantly let me try it. It’s beautiful in pictures but in real life it was truly amazing!
It’s only now that I’ve been starting to wear it for real (due to a cold Swedish winter) and I still think it’s as amazing every time I put it on. My Y’2 Leather Type 2 doesn’t really come close to what this is. So.. that’s my love rant for RC and thanks to you guys who’ve been talking about the RC here on Fedora Lounge and this thread!

Attachments

• IMG_9411.jpeg
    IMG_9411.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9412.jpeg
    IMG_9412.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110

Mrfrown

One Too Many
This post is just a thank you post! This thread is one place among just a few other places that made me rotate towards Rainbow Country. Got it in late November when I was visiting Seoul, had been browsing the web beforehand and found a store that stocked RC. The owner of the store thought it would be too small for me and they had a “no trying policy” for leather jackets, but when I showed him my measurements (which I luckily had with me) he reluctantly let me try it. It’s beautiful in pictures but in real life it was truly amazing!
It’s only now that I’ve been starting to wear it for real (due to a cold Swedish winter) and I still think it’s as amazing every time I put it on. My Y’2 Leather Type 2 doesn’t really come close to what this is. So.. that’s my love rant for RC and thanks to you guys who’ve been talking about the RC here on Fedora Lounge and this thread!
Fantastic All State you have there man. Happy it worked for you, and have to agree…no trying on?!? Sounds wild

Jonas_g

New in Town
Fantastic All State you have there man. Happy it worked for you, and have to agree…no trying on?!? Sounds wild
Thank you!
Yeah, they had a couple of great jackets but none on display, all in some room in the back.. Had my mind set on this one but asked about a Toys McCoy Mobster. The answer I got was that the smallest size they had would be too big for me, didn’t even see it.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Nice RC All State jacket. These are quite rare and is the first time I see this jacket on this side of the Pacific. I remember seeing it in the daily wear thread once before. Very nice. Congrats.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They must really want to not sell those jackets!
The dilemma is that these veg tanned shiniki develops crease very easily and crease leads to weak point (fading), so quite a few shops in Japan ask customers not to bend their arms when trying them on. But the whole trying on involves flexing to see if you feel comfortable.

Jonas_g

New in Town
Nice RC All State jacket. These are quite rare and is the first time I see this jacket on this side of the Pacific. I remember seeing it in the daily wear thread once before. Very nice. Congrats.
Thank you! Yes, if I just wanted a black double rider in Shinki it would have been easier to go for one of The Real McCoys Buco reproductions or a Flat Head but there’s something about RC All State more “simple” design that speaks to me. The “low profile”, no webpage/instagram and my idea of getting just one great jacket I was trying to aim for the best quality.

Jonas_g

New in Town
The dilemma is that these veg tanned shiniki develops crease very easily and crease leads to weak point (fading), so quite a few shops in Japan ask customers not to bend their arms when trying them on. But the whole trying on involves flexing to see if you feel comfortable.
I understand that policy to some extent because later when I tried the jacket on properly I started to see where the first creases of the jacket would end up right away.

sshack

A-List Customer
Avenue is certainly not out of business. Their owner posts frequently on Instagram and they just released this same custom model early this year in brown and black.

I really like this jacket, another major design change from the Hercules is there is no hem panel that breaks up the Hercules visually while this one looks longer and more uninterrupted, very clean design!
Do you know the contact info or instagram of Avenue? I can't seem to find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner