Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random Thought About My Attire Today...

Moonshine

New in Town
Just a random thought I had today – do any of you find it ironic as I do that I’m wearing a pair of jeans I’ve worn 72 times without washing them (I keep count…) paired with a brand-new, freshly laundered and pressed custom-made dress shirt today?

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm not big on washing my jeans too often but 72 wears without a wash seems a bit extreme. Is that a denimhead kinda thing?

Metatron

One Too Many
Jeans are overrated in regards to their usefulness: In winter? Corduroy and wool carry the day. In summer? Chinos and light cotton. The jeans wearing sweet spot is somewhere around early spring when you want something a bit windproof but not too warm.
The not washing your jeans thing? I don't know, seems like over-thinking it to me, why not enjoy the patina that garments develop from repeated washing/wearing.

Just a random thought I had today – do any of you find it ironic as I do that I’m wearing a pair of jeans I’ve worn 72 times without washing them (I keep count…) paired with a brand-new, freshly laundered and pressed custom-made dress shirt today?

Here is a thought: wash your jeans. Seventy-two times without washing is too many. That said, I appreciate the contradiction you point out as I launder my shirts after each wear but will wear pants several times (well shy of 72 though) before washing them.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I can wear my jeans about a half dozen times before I start to feel like there are critters moving around the inside of them, and they start to chaff.

How do you do it?

Moonshine

New in Town
I can wear my jeans about a half dozen times before I start to feel like there are critters moving around the inside of them, and they start to chaff.

How do you do it?

I started doing it just because, but since I only wear them to work on Casual Friday and the weekends they aren't getting beat on as if I were a mechanic or on a ranch. They truly don't stink or look crappy at all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats