Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Received my US Authentic A2 jacket

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
It is my first HH jacket, I decided go to US Authentic since it has stock jacket and good reputation, everything is fine except it is a lightweight jacket, I can't say the leather is thin, but it is not thick at all, shaul said it is 3.5 oz HH which doubt it.
anyway, I am gonna send it back. $500 sounds little expensive for the quality of this jacket to me.
740febdfdad67f653f9b8297c7eab2f0.jpg
965d714c0d8c768c3a46b7e6a24d1b72.jpg

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The A-2 is not supposed to be heavyweight but was designed as a summer jacket. However, it appears to be sized too big for you, and the sleeves too long with significant tunneling of the knits. Otherwise I suspect it is a good value at $500.

GGinMP

New in Town
It is not, the photos maybe deceiving, it is tight jacket to me

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

It may be tight in the front, but look at the billowing in the back just above the ribbing. Others have commented on sleeve length as well. The fact that you don't see much or any of the ribbing ("tunneling" is the term I just learned thanks to this thread) shows that the sleeve length is too long.

yakima

One of the Regulars
Whilst you may prefer a looser fit than the "traditional fit" (many folks do, and that is cool), I got to agree with the others. It does look a little long on the sleeves.

If you are determined to keep it, then perhaps some hot water treatment on the arms may be good.

It would help the lay of the collar, too.

I'm really suprised that after your posts re Aero/ Sb/ LW that you would go and purchase a jacket from US Authentics. Very different kind of leather and style. I agree that the jacket looks baggy on you, even if it feels tight.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that looks way too big - I agree with the others. US Authentic always recommends a size that's too large in my opinion. tehir 42 fits like a 44 or 46. I gave up because of the sizing of these. I hear the horse hide is to be avoided but their goat is pretty decent. An A2 is a windbreaker not a bike jacket so a lighter one is good.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
Hi Hammer. I agree with the others regarding your A2, it looks too baggy, like a big nylon bomber jacket. Ofcourse if you are after this fit then it's ok. Keep in mind that originally the A2's were tight fitting.
Did you order the Highwayman? What kind of leather / lining is it?

I am waiting for stock highwayman in my size, don't want wait 2 months

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo