Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend a good Peurto Vallarta hat?

fallbackdown82

New in Town
Hi all! I am getting married in June, and on June 16th we leave for Peurto Vallarta. I am looking for a fedora style hat that will work best. (Large enough to shade me, cool and breezy, lightweight. I am looking to spend 150 or less.) Any recommendations on what to order, and who from?
I really need some help here! Hatsinthebelfry.com had a "shantung" fedora I was looking out, but I know nothing about that material. I am assuming I may encounter a little rain down there...not sure.

RBH

Bartender
You can always drop PanamBob a PM, he can help you out, even if its not one of his hats. Robert is great to work with and he has a few new styles to choose from.
I always treat my straws with a spray of Scouts Rain and Stain Protector.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fallbackdown82 said:
...."shantung" fedora I was looking out, but I know nothing about that material. I am assuming I may encounter a little rain down there...not sure.

Hiya FBD82, glad to see ya' here & congrats on the pending nuptuals. Shantung is plastic coated paper & you'll fry. Look for a natural panama. Panamas.biz is a good start or Panamabob's eBay auctions... or go vintage. For $150 clams you could get almost any vintage straw I have ever seen sold on eBay. Let us know...

Regards,

RB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot