Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations on some pants, er, trousers...

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
Edward: Their website has some problems. Try service[at]pirclothingco.com
I bought two pairs from them, but I still haven't had them altered.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, I'll check that out. In the meantime, I discovered them also sellnig at a really good price from this eBay seller:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/rodd1000us

Unfortunately, they only have the one colour and only the original, cargo model, not the Overlords. I'm in two minds whether to have the map pockets removed from these, as they really relegate the trousers to casual wear (as opposed to run of the mill, day in the office...). The sizing is excellent, though, and I am extremely impressed by the quality of the cloth, fittings and construction. The legs are nice and wide the whole way down, and they are not too neat at the seat (I know this is one area they changed the original pattern). The rise is also very good; they sit exactly on my natural waist, about half an inch over my belly button all the way around. Very similar rise to a couple of pairs of original fifties trousers in my wardrobe, actually. Once funds allow, I will definitely be ordering up one pair of the Overlords in each of the available colours.

Mr Badger

Practically Family
I've got a pair of these Garbstore French Naval Trousers and they're highly recommended. Not very high, rise-wise, but really nice twill and a great, very flattering fit. They're on sale at The Three Threads for half price, £60 and are also available in navy blue...

The detailing is excellent and they get a really nice mottled finish after a few washes, basically they look vintage and go really, really well with a chambray workshirt and waistcoat...

French-Naval-Trouser-from-The-Garbstore-01.jpg

French-Naval-Trouser-from-The-Garbstore-02.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, I'll check that out. In the meantime, I discovered them also sellnig at a really good price from this eBay seller:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/rodd1000us

Unfortunately, they only have the one colour and only the original, cargo model, not the Overlords. I'm in two minds whether to have the map pockets removed from these, as they really relegate the trousers to casual wear (as opposed to run of the mill, day in the office...). The sizing is excellent, though, and I am extremely impressed by the quality of the cloth, fittings and construction. The legs are nice and wide the whole way down, and they are not too neat at the seat (I know this is one area they changed the original pattern). The rise is also very good; they sit exactly on my natural waist, about half an inch over my belly button all the way around. Very similar rise to a couple of pairs of original fifties trousers in my wardrobe, actually. Once funds allow, I will definitely be ordering up one pair of the Overlords in each of the available colours.

Glad you like them Edward, and you got a great price. The Overlords fit the same as the Yarboroughs so I think you will be pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes