Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reenactment Videos....

p51

One Too Many
parachutage said:
Superb job....
Nice video. I found the medic “TC” in the Stuart tank funny (around 2:00).
It’s funny to me how in the years I’ve been in the hobby, the focus has totally shifted from German to US. Time was, all the group newsletters were edited and had stories mostly about German folk. I remember reading the HRS newsletter “The Point,’ wondering if they had HAD any units other than German because all the articles and photos were focused on Germans and very little else.
But those times have changed. Now, you hear about groups that have GI units (and now ALWAYS a 101st AB unit, no matter how small the organization is) and how they’re having problems finding folks to be Germans in some cases.

Davep

One of the Regulars
p51 said:
Nice video. I found the medic “TC” in the Stuart tank funny (around 2:00)

yeah that was film at the end of the day as all the troops were returning the the base camp. This event was rare in that all the units camped out.

As far a the CHG goes there is a pretty equal balance of men and armor on both sides, Allied and Axis.

Those really good German videos are made by Michael Burns. He's working on a new CHG promotion video, that he's putting together from Allied and Axis footage that a bunch of us sent him last month.

Warden

One Too Many
Just found this thread, so here is one of the family taking part in a WW2 re-enactment

[video=youtube_share;IMleeNaiTEc]http://youtu.be/IMleeNaiTEc[/video]

Edward

Bartender
Whether it's American Civil War, Napoleonic, WW2 - or whatever - famous or Elite units are always over represented in reenacting.

That, or whatever one is most romanticised in the popular imagining. I know folks who are involved in US Civil War re-enactment in the UK, and they always seem to have serious trouble finding enough folks willing to portray the Union side.

Warden

One Too Many
Edward surely not :D

Mind you I'll re-enact Napoleonic but only if I can be Sharpe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou