Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Remix Shoes!!

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Miss Caroline said:
dita_von_teese_13_wenn2377766.jpg

This is not Dita Von Teese. There is a young woman in Los Angeles who looks and paints herself as Dita's twin. She's younger, less busty, and a bit taller than the real Dita. She also prefers to wear late '50s-early '60s clothing.

I met and spoke with this woman at the Santa Monica Vintage Fashion Expo several weeks ago; people were actually asking to take photos of her, thinking that she was Dita.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Then I'll give her more leeway for not having red shoes?

Goodness knows I don't have all the shoes I would have if I had Dita's money and ability to declare them business expenses.

I should decide who's twin sister I want to be. lol

Miss Caroline

Familiar Face
really... the woman following her around in the blue looks remarkably like her PA

dita-von-teese-coachella-nautical-06.jpg

same festival I think.
But if it isn't her then the likeness is uncanny.
Having said that... if you've ever seen Dita without makeup then it couldbe two completley different people.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
You're kidding, right Marc? It is definitely Dita, there are plenty of photos of her that day and the next, from all angles. It's her!

There's a link at the top of page 17 to a story the Daily Fail wrote on the subject of Dita in these shoes.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
I just got a pair of red leather Gloria wedges from eBay (new and unused), and here are my thoughts:

104darkred.gif

• The quality of the leather is much nicer than I thought, it's very soft and the texture is lovely.

• The soles are very slippery so you'll have to have your cobbler roughen them up a bit or put a small rubber piece on them.

• The shoes seem well made overall, but I'd like a bit more attention to detail. Being used to Chie Mihara shoes, where every seam is precisely sewn and glued, some of these seams are just a tad too bumpy. I particularly think it's a problem on the seems of the wedge, not so much on the upper part of the shoe. But really, it's just a very minor cosmetic detail, that a perfectionist like me notices.

• The clip on bow is a bit loose, especially the top layer of it.

• My biggest problem is that I think the slingback strap in the back sits a bit too low on my heel. Maybe I have an exceptionally tall heel, but I'd prefer the strap to sit higher up, the shoes would feel more secure on. The way they are now, the strap is on the largest part of my heel in stead of sitting right above it.

• One final thing, because I have a wide foot, the shoe flops out too much on the sides, as you can see in the photo below. It's not that bad, but just as a warning to other ladies with wide feet. :)

3541653013_0c107e8a79.jpg

Laura, I just got these in the suede version a week ago. I agree with you about the top part of the bow being loose. In fact, I wore mine (around the house) on Mother's Day and the bow fell apart. It was easy enough to glue back together, but seriously how hard would it have been to use more glue in the first place? I'm glad I was at home and not out when it happened or I may have lost half my bow.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
CherryRed said:
Laura, I just got these in the suede version a week ago. I agree with you about the top part of the bow being loose. In fact, I wore mine (around the house) on Mother's Day and the bow fell apart. It was easy enough to glue back together, but seriously how hard would it have been to use more glue in the first place? I'm glad I was at home and not out when it happened or I may have lost half my bow.

Exactly! I think the best thing would be to just glue the bow together better right from the start, just as a warning to any other ladies. Even if it doesn't fall off, it can flip around and look completely silly. Don't know what they thought when they designed them this way.

Which color suede did you get, and is the suede nice? I've been coveting the green suede ones for aaaages.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've had my black patent Glorias for a couple weeks. Normally, I go barefoot as much as possible, so I only wear shoes for, at most, an hour at a time. Yesterday, I wore my Glorias all day, with lots of walking involved. I have changed my mind on them. By the end of the evening, I could barely walk. My little toes hurt so bad today, that I can only wear flip flops. Even my high-end trainers hurt them. The other drawback might be a factor of the patent leather. My feet sweat in those shoes like crazy. For people that have the regular leather version of Glorias, is the leather absorbent? Do they stretch a bit? I really like the look and several people asked where they could get them. I wanted to get more colors, but after yesterday, I'm not so sure.

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
kamikat said:
I've had my black patent Glorias for a couple weeks. Normally, I go barefoot as much as possible, so I only wear shoes for, at most, an hour at a time. Yesterday, I wore my Glorias all day, with lots of walking involved. I have changed my mind on them. By the end of the evening, I could barely walk. My little toes hurt so bad today, that I can only wear flip flops. Even my high-end trainers hurt them. The other drawback might be a factor of the patent leather. My feet sweat in those shoes like crazy. For people that have the regular leather version of Glorias, is the leather absorbent? Do they stretch a bit? I really like the look and several people asked where they could get them. I wanted to get more colors, but after yesterday, I'm not so sure.

I have the regular leather Glorias and have never had any issues with them (which is rare for me!). I was actually wearing them all day last Friday, walked around a convention in them, etc., and had no issues. I should add that I always wear some sort of nylons with the shoes. I can't help on the stretch bit though, as I have super-narrow feet and it's an effort for me to not walk right out of every shoe I own!

Laura Chase said:
Exactly! I think the best thing would be to just glue the bow together better right from the start, just as a warning to any other ladies. Even if it doesn't fall off, it can flip around and look completely silly. Don't know what they thought when they designed them this way.

Which color suede did you get, and is the suede nice? I've been coveting the green suede ones for aaaages.

I got the burgandy ones. The upper is suede and the wedge is smooth leather. I like the suede. I have the (olive) green suede ones in the scroll wedge, which I think is similar to the Gloria, they are green upper and smooth black wedge. (same issue with the scroll detail, it needs to be attached more securely. Only about 2 threads hold it in place)

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Remix has previously had great quality and workmanship, but after reading some of the posts here, I'm wondering if Remix is going through some changes.

I notice their 1940's wedges are being made differently now - the sizing is larger and more true to size, according to their website. And today in a local shoe store, I saw a new type of Remix (Deluxe Remix, or something like that, in gold lettering on a white insole) - patent leather flats, almost little ballerina flats - cobalt blue, black or yellow with a decorative, multi-color patent square attached - with virtually no arch support and, in my opinion, rather flimsy. I could hang them from my rearview mirror, they felt so delicate. Pricing not so delicate though ($179 USD), and nothing outstanding or special about the design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats