Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Replica WW2 US Visor Caps

p51

One Too Many
As for the shape of a crusher, I'll never forget what a 91st BG B-17 navigator vet told me. He said the next guys put their caps on a round dome and poured av gas over it, then let it dry!
I would highly suggest against this, but it was something I'd never read anywhere before...

EngProf

Practically Family
Let me put in several good words for Peter at Society Brand. He made a WWI officers hat for me and it turned out VERY well.
Considering it's a WWI hat, I would NEVER be able to find one in good condition in my size, regardless of price.
If you need a military hat you should get it there. You'll be happy.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I had replied to this thread a while back, but I did make a decision. I have had my Society crusher for a few years, and it's fantastic - workmanship, materials, the whole shebang.

I went with officers pink with the light brown leather, and 1 ply visor.

I don't have a picture handy, but I'll post one tonight.

MissMittens

One Too Many
I had replied to this thread a while back, but I did make a decision. I have had my Society crusher for a few years, and it's fantastic - workmanship, materials, the whole shebang.

Having had several actual period crushers pass through my hands, and seen a Society piece up close and personal, I can tell the you "feel" of the wool isn't quite the same, but the attention to detail is top notch. Visually, you'll never tell the difference :)

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up

20181115_223713_600x474.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran