Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Repro 1930's "Grizzly" jacket

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
This is the first prototype for a line of reproduction "Grizzly" jackets based on originals from the 1930's that I'm sorting out. Leather is steerhide & mouton fur is real, not fake synthetic! liner is vintage looking cotton material with very nice contrasting colors & is backed with a layer of polartec fleece! This is a very warm coat! Jacket has 2 front handwarmer pockets & one inside chest pocket sized to fit a smartphone.

as with any "first prototype" there are a few minor "warts", these are very complicated jackets to plan/assemble & sometimes you have to back up & regroup, so there may be a stitch line here or there & isn't perfect etc. so is being sold at a reduced rate. Compare to the average $1200-$1500 for others on the market

size is a true 44 regular. measurements listed below. these are outside measurements, so take into account the double layered liner etc. & plan accordingly. I'm 5'9" 200lbs & wear a 44 reg & it fits me perfectly!

outside measurements are:

chest pit to pit = 26"
shoulders = 22"
waist = 23"
length, base of collar to waist = 26"
sleeves shoulder to cuff =23"

asking $800 plus actual shipping

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys! No website now, just personal contact/word of mouth. I'll be teaming up with Jay @ Headwind & listing some things on his website soon.

Right now, I have the following jackets set for production;

US Army Air Corps B-2
the Grizzly above
Willis & Geiger AN-J-3 (copied from my original)
WW!! German luftwaffe double breasted "Doppelreihiger"
40's Sears Hercules.

The Sears jacket is a generic pattern I've adapted with many options for different tastes/looks etc. I can add fur collars, different pocket configurations etc. for many different looks.
I'm also seriously contemplating adding a copy of the H.L. Block M-422a soon. (I currently have a restored original listed for sale here)

Anyone interested in seeing some pics, shoot me a message.

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
10% of the selling price will go to help a fellow "jacketeer" who's family is fighting cancer.

AdeeC

Practically Family
What's been your experience with women when you wear it? There's a real teddy-bear thing going on. Nice jacket.
I have two Grizzly's including one of Steves creations and can assure you they love them. As well as my wife's appreciation, I get admiring looks from women 20 or more years younger than me every time I wear them. Something about the tough and tender contrast maybe. No other jacket has that same effect.

Last edited:

Steve S.

One of the Regulars
I have two Grizzly's including one of Steves creations and can assure you they love them. As well as my wife's appreciation, I get admiring looks from women 20 or more years younger than me every time I wear them. Something about the tough and tender contrast maybe. No other jacket has that same effect.

Maybe I should keep this one then! ;)

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Where do I sign?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner