Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Repro radios and telephones

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Have an iPod?

ijuke.png

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
CharlieH. said:
Anyone tried the candlestick telephone? For that price I'm willing to tolerate the fake rotary dial...

I used to have a modern candlestick repro, not that one but very similar. It got shorted out and I never was able to fix it :( I loved it, though. Once I'm done with school and have settled down at least one phone in my house will be a candlestick.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Absinthe_1900 said:
I my 1940 Zenith console is still running on the original 1940 Zenith tubes.
What model do you have? I have a 10S567. As I've mentioned about a hundred times I have an SSTran AM3000 low power AM transmitter. I can send signals from my CD player or internet radio signals from my PC to the radio via the transmitter, and it works like a charm. The transmitter was about $150, and you can get really nicely restored antique radios for as little as $120. Antique radios (especially the wooden deco ones) are wonderful to collect, and the sound they put out just matches the sound quality of the old original music perfectly. Here's my pride and joy, pre restoration (i.e. with original speaker cloth):
Zenithright.jpg

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dhermann1 said:
What model do you have? I have a 10S567. As I've mentioned about a hundred times I have an SSTran AM3000 low power AM transmitter. I can send signals from my CD player or internet radio signals from my PC to the radio via the transmitter, and it works like a charm. The transmitter was about $150, and you can get really nicely restored antique radios for as little as $120. Antique radios (especially the wooden deco ones) are wonderful to collect, and the sound they put out just matches the sound quality of the old original music perfectly. Here's my pride and joy, pre restoration (i.e. with original speaker cloth):
Zenithright.jpg

Lovely piece of equipment. Is there a post-restoration photo available?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Sable said:
3245055_77c883b097.jpg

And this is my radio which plays CDs as well. I got it at Radio Shack a few years back.[/CENTER]

Beautiful red radio. Does it sound nice? What is the model or make?

Adele

One of the Regulars
cr70ch_XL.gif

Mine is very similar to this one except it hasn't the radio, nor the cassette player.

I would just love a candlestick telephone, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran