Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

reproduction appliance cords

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
Of the many sources out there that offer new (and safer) cloth covered electrical cords for your vintage appliances here's one that seems to be the most impessive: www.sundialwire.com. They have supplied museums, plays, and movies with period correct cords and plugs. There are some antique radio restoration sites that have cords and plugs as well but offer less variety. It's not always the cord, though; I was in an antique mall checking out two art deco coffee pots using the same cord. One was fine, a Mirro percolator model 0102 which I bought, and the other got very hot and started smoking right away. It stunk the place up so I gave it to the check out desk and told them what happened.

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
A thousand welcomes...

There's also a radio restoration supplier in New york that has great brown cloth cord and superb looking plugs in both round and rectangle shapes. These guys were even kind enough to drop their supplier of the cord when the price went way up and started making their own to offer the customer the same low price they always have. Three cheers for them!
The company is called Radio Daze in Victor, NY at www.radiodaze.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany