Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reproduction Menswear?

ToucanSam23

New in Town
I have searched tirelessly for a thread with information relevant to my question to little or no avail.

While original vintage clothing is magnificent, it is usually quite difficult to discover and obtain pieces in both pristine condition and in one's size and thus, reproductions are often a welcomed alternative. However, it seems that the majority of reproduction attire from the Golden Era is produced for the female market. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding companies which produce reproductions of men's clothing from the Golden Era (other than the venerable ReVamp)? Any input would be greatly appreciated. (And if this thread is in the wrong location I would appreciate someone either moving it or directing me to the appropriate section.)

Thanks,
ToucanSam23

Edward

Bartender
Try also HeyDay http://www.heydayonline.co.uk/ for 40s trousers. Reproduction tailoring is wonderful, but unless you have an unlimited budget and don't need conveniences such as machine-washable casual trousers and so on, it has its limits when it comes to building a practical, "vintage" wardrobe. I'm seeing an increase in the options available over the past two years or so, which is encouraging. I love my genuine vintage, but it's rare (and expensive) enough in my size.... plus there will always be days requiring one to do things that aren't best for precious wardrobe one feels the need to baby.

D

Deleted member 16736

Although I have no personal experience with them yet, Old Woogies gets high marks. They're based in Italy, but the owner is very responsive to emails and his line of clothing is both beautiful and quite reasonably priced even after the shipping cost (you don't pay VAT if you live outside of the EU).

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I'd like to see someone making long-sleeve rayon shirts in pastel colors with the spread collar and top button loop and horizontal button holes and two pockets with flaps and pleated cuffs and.....

ToucanSam23

New in Town
Edward - I haven't payed Heyday much attention in the past but after your closer inspection under your suggestion I saw some really neat stuff! Thanks!

Joel - I was completely oblivious to there existence! They've got some really neat stuff as well! Thanks!

Filfoster - That stuff is really nice! I think I'll have to pick up some of 'em! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart