Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RESISTOL 5X CONVERSION BY BUCKAROO HATTERS

Razzman

One Too Many
I picked-up this Resistol 5x Western hat in hopes that I could convert it to a fedora. I tried using steam etc. nothing worked for me. I contacted Mike Moore of Buckaroo Hatters and asked if he would give it a try. I told him what I was looking for and sent the hat to him. I have the before and after photos. I think he did a great job. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I am very pleased with the new look. Here are some photographs, let me know what you think? As you can see, originally this was a western style hat with a thin ribbon and a cattlemans crease. Mike has transformed it into a c-crown with a wider ribbon and a matching brim ribbon.

BEFORE:
razzman68

razzman68

AFTER:
razzman68

razzman68

razzman68

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The new version looks great--congratulations!

I have to confess to liking it the way it was originally, though. Move those side dents forward, maybe a diamond crease and you'd be good to go.

Razzman

One Too Many
Skyvue, as to the cost of the job. Well let me say that each job is different. My suggestion is you talk directly to Mike Moore of Buckaroo Hatters. Mike is a fellow Fedora Lounge member. He is a gentleman and very easy to talk to.
You may also want to check out his web site and give him a call.

www.buckaroohatters.com

alphy27

One of the Regulars
Bravo, bravo, bravo!!!

Woo Hoo! That is one snappy looking hat. Good job. Terrific choice of colors.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Looks like Mike did a bang-up job, Razzman! I like the bold choice of ribbon color and the edge binding. Enjoy!:eusa_clap

Razzman

One Too Many
Thanks for all the kind words gentlemen. The wife and I took a drive to shore today. I wore the hat. Needless to say I received several compliments on the hat. I really like the way it came out. Mike Moore did a fine job on this hat.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn