Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resistol 7 5/8 ELO Resale

scooter

Practically Family
Too long front to back, Sam. I think I'm a long oval, but I'm also a 7 1/2, so this one was just a little too roomy. Nice hat though!

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I might be interested. Those pics have me confused about the brim though. What's going on on the edge? Is it just a wide binding? It sort of looks as though it curls straight down, but perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me. Also, can you tell me the height of the crown (and does it have much taper)?

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Well, heck.

Could you answer my questions, please, so I'll know just how bad to feel about missing out? Had the brim not looked odd to me I'd have sprung for it immediately.

scooter

Practically Family
So, to answer your questions, there is an edge binding of approx 1/2 on the brim, visible to anyone looking at you with the hat on, the brim has a very pronounced curl front and sides, and it does not appear to have much taper as you look at the hat from front to rear. (I have to confess, I have never understood exactly what "taper" meant). What I'm saying is the hat does not appear to taper inwards much, if any, from bottom to top as you look at it from the front. All in all, I'd say it is a very nice specimen, just doesn't fit me well. I bought it with the intent of removing the edge binding and making it a fedora, but it doesn't fit well, so there is no point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80